Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Old Tanfoglio 10mm mags for a Limited Custom HC in 40 S&W ?

Aasp76

Hello guys, this is my first post after been around for a while.

So this is what happened, I have a LF Tanfoglio Limited Custom HC .40 S&W ( the old style no the Lightened slide), after long time trying to find the old style mags ( .40 S&W or 10mm ) finally I got some original 10mm Tanfoglio mags not the K10 Mecgar.

The problem is that this mags don´t fit in to the frame, they get stuck 2" inside, can´t add a picture to explain better.

Do the frame need some gunsmith work to fit the mags?

Why would you want the old style mags?

I like to reload long, and this mags with the Grams upgrade runs great with long ammo.

I bought a set of mags from EAA ( 3 K40s ) but with the spacers can not hold my long ammo.

Just load to normal lengths. Use your K40s, and enjoy 20 round reloadable mags trouble free all day. Everyday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amen... that's the way!

Thanks both kneelingatlas and 2brothersguns

I have made them work. It takes quite a bit of time and material removal inside the magwell to fit the old style mags. If you want to load long, fixing the gun to accept k10 mags loaded to 20 is easier than fixing the gun to take the old mags. Old mags will hold 21 reloadable and 22 +1 start though, if that interests you.

I have made them work. It takes quite a bit of time and material removal inside the magwell to fit the old style mags. If you want to load long, fixing the gun to accept k10 mags loaded to 20 is easier than fixing the gun to take the old mags. Old mags will hold 21 reloadable and 22 +1 start though, if that interests you.

Thanks Steffes, I decided to move to K40s and reload short, now I'm testing different OALs 1.135, 1.140 and 1.145 just because...

If using vvn320 for 40 at 1.14 or 1.145 what would the charge need to be?

Right now I'm at 1.196 with 165gr xtreme hollow point and 5.1gr vvn320 in my mcg limited gun.

Should i go down to around 4.6 or 4.8 and go from there?

Edited by Prov1x

If using vvn320 for 40 at 1.14 or 1.145 what would the charge need to be?

Right now I'm at 1.196 with 165gr xtreme hollow point and 5.1gr vvn320 in my mcg limited gun.

Should i go down to around 4.6 or 4.8 and go from there?

Well depends of what are you lookin for...

Are you reloading for major PF ? I have not used vvn320.

I suggest you to visit the General reloading section for 40/10mm http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?s=6d87122185bb2fce70321537f4c41e59&showforum=73