Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

'SV' tube tuners around here?

DrLove

guys, like I mentioned in another thread, I have 3 SV mag tube that get stuck in the gun somehow and do not freely fall during reloads. I called Brandon and he said I have to send him the gun along with the mags for him to tune. I really don't want to send my gun now since it's problematic for me (I have to drive 3 hours to ship any firearms). Is there anyone on this site that knows how to tune those mags without needing the gun (just through measurements)?

so i have a SV . i wanted to try a arched mainspring. i installed it an a couple of my SV mags did not drop free anymore. they worked fine in my STI and before the swap. So i went looking for the issue. could not figure it out so swapped back the old flat one to see what would ahppen, and magically all was good with the world. i could not believe it was the MSH, but it was in my situation.

They stick empty cause they have no weight or pressure from sprung rounds to kick it outta the gun. bTDT. Easy to fix. Get some dykum blue, coat the upper 1/3 of the tube and insert, and remove many times. That will tell you where it is dragging. Dunno which frame you have, but likely there are areas you will need the relieve to get it to drop free. First thought is your mag release. cK arms has a great mag release that solves most of this. After that, areas,of,the inside grip is usually the problem, assuming your SV mags are in spec. If they are not, then you will be chasing this for a while.