Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Casefeed funnel adaptor

Looking at the dillon website and came across a white part that is supposed to be included with the casefeed. It's called Casefeed funnel adaptor. Supposedly fixes short cases hanging up in the funnel.

When did this become a standard feature? I sure didn't get one with my press. It appears to be the fix for the waterfall thing guys have been talking about.

Sarge, I do not know how to attach a link to a post on this forum. If you go to the second page of posts you will see one titled case feeder jam fix it shows two things on a video for the Case Feeder. One part shows an old Dillon part like you are talking about and a pdf of the one I made for the newer style case feeder.

they used to make a flat one like a plate that did not fill the whole funnel. It is entirely different than the one shown in these posts. I needed it with the 650 in .40 and it would not have hurt in .45. It ran good in 9mm.

Gary, at Dillon says " if the case feeder you have has a rectangular funnel, its the old style, If it is shaped just like a funnel then you need a black funnel to insert to stop the waterfall.

post-37223-0-83628800-1424301244.jpg

Edited by Ken Bird

I have better luck with it gone

That is why I asked the question in the last thread "what shape is the funnel."

The adapter is for the old rectangle shaped funnel, the "new" round ones do not need it.

My case feeders are at least 10 years old

Gary, at Dillon says " if the case feeder you have has a rectangular funnel, its the old style, If it is shaped just like a funnel then you need a black funnel to insert to stop the waterfall.

Whiskey....Tango...Foxtrot.

Dillon reads these forums. They have seen no less than two threads in the past two weeks, and I know I've seen more threads discussing it in the past year. Why the hell did they not say they have that available!?!?!?!?!?!?

ETA: What's the damn p/n on that?

Edited by Brassaholic13

Whiskey....Tango...Foxtrot.

Dillon reads these forums. They have seen no less than two threads in the past two weeks, and I know I've seen more threads discussing it in the past year. Why the hell did they not say they have that available!?!?!?!?!?!?

ETA: What's the damn p/n on that?

Dillon Part # 13688 - Adapter Funnel

I can tell you that the case feeder was updated some time before 2007 but I suppose if you have the old style case feeder you may still need an Adapter Funnel.

In 2012 I was at Dillon & told them my 9mm cases were piling up in the funnel on my 550 casefeeder. They gave me the black funnel.

Interesting because I have two brand new 550 case feeders bought in Dec 2014. Both suffer the funnel blockage failures with 9 mm casings. I wonder why (if these work) that Dillon doesn't make them more visible and available? Has to be more to this story.

I need to say that in spite of this occasional problem, my case feeders are a great addition to the two presses. Hangups can be infuriating sometimes.