Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trijicon HD poi problems

PumpGunGuy

I put some GL101O sights on my G17, and went to the range. I was disappointed to see that my POI was about 4" high at 20 yards. I asked another experienced shooter to shoot my gun, thinking I might be doing something terribly wrong, and he had the same result. My load is 5.0 grains of Power Pistol with a 124 grain Montana Gold RN or JHP depending on what is available. When I called Trijicon, I was connected with a marginally competent customer service rep who confirmed my calculation that I need a 0.035 inch taller sight, which they have available as a non-catalogue item. It costs $79 with an additional $10 shipping charge. She did inform me that I could have exchanged it if I had not installed it. I don't know how I was to deduce this need without installing the sight first.

Has anyone else had a similar problem? If so what did you do about it?

Thanks for looking.

To make that kind of correction and to keep the front sight matched with your rear, you likely don't have many options. I would contact Trijicon again and see if I could speak with someone else about this issue. You are correct - kind of hard to know where the POI is going to be until you install the sight! Sometimes the calculated POI is not the same as the actual POI, and I have noticed this to be especially true with Glock 9mm pistols. Dawson Precision is really good about helping when you need a different height sight. See their "Perfect Impact Promise" on their website.

I use Warren rears and either Warren or Dawson front FO sights on my G17's /G19's and had to go to .245" front height instead of the suggested .215" . I have one Gen 3 G19 that I'm thinking of trying a 10-8 precision .250" FO front as I'm still high at 25 yds with 124 gr. bullets. The only Glock I own that was able to use the suggested .215" front was a G22 Police trade-in I bought .

Rodney