Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Looking to purchase a large quantity of High Tek coated bullets.

Street Survival

Its the powder. You are using a slower powder that doesn't fully burn up, especially in .45acp. I used it when shooting hot bowling pin loads. Look for CLAYS or CLAYDOT, tightgroup, and W 231 in that order. They are faster than unique and will give you less felt recoil than Unique. Any one of the bullets listed will work well. Just understand that the Coated lead will be more accurate than the plated.

Good luck,

DougC

I just got off the phone with Steve from Bear Creek Supply. I was explaining that I have used their Moly Coated Heads for years with Unique Gunpowder. I just switched over to an M&P 45 with a fiber optic sight and the sight gets all smogged over with the aforementioned recipe.

Steve told me it's the Unique Gunpowder, not the Moly Coated Heads.

What do you guys think? Legit or bull-hit?

i used to shoot BC bullets, but after discovering coated i have gone that way. It surprises me that they have not jumped on the coated bandwagon. it would be great for me as i have a local distributer.

Sandbagger,

How do you like the coated bullets? Any problems with your reloading machine? Thanks for your help.

No issues. They load just like any other and accuracy is good. And my fingers are clean instead of black like they would be with BC. I have used bayou and black bullets. They both are great and I would just choose on price