Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MBX 2011 Magazines

Metallurgist

I am not sure if there was already a thread about these magazines, I didn't see one.

Does anyone have and use these mags for and STI grip or PT stainless grip? They are supposed to be tuned and race ready right out of the package....Any pros cons? Thanks

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just an update, I was able to load 30+1 of 9mm and 38 super comp in the 170mm mag, but only 29+1 with 38 super. The case rim takes up the difference in the round count. It did drop free and feed without problems in my PT steel grip.

I did notice that with 38 super the last 4 rounds tend to nosedive a little. A slight adjustment in the angle of the follower will fix the issue though.

In the spirit of the OP's post...

Has anyone encountered any specific issues with the MBX mags?

I've been collecting old-style SV mags for a while and I'm afraid my collection is about to lose a good deal of value...

In the spirit of the OP's post...

Has anyone encountered any specific issues with the MBX mags?

I've been collecting old-style SV mags for a while and I'm afraid my collection is about to lose a good deal of value...

I haven't had or heard of any specific problems other than those that have been mentioned about the follower tipping forward slightly when using 38super. But that's an easy fix.

I am also curious if anyone has had bad experience with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To add, I don't believe that the old style SV mag tubes will ever loose their value. They are a proven design and will always have buyers.

To add, I don't believe that the old style SV mag tubes will ever loose their value. They are a proven design and will always have buyers.

I agree. While I have a ton of money invested in my STI mags I won't likely get rid of them anytime soon. If I did however, it would be in favor of SV tubes. I just prefer to be able to pick and choose my add ons to suit my preference instead of being locked into a one size fits all mag.