Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shot my 1st qualifier

ad5md

I'm new to this so please bear with my question guys.

Shot my 1st qualifier last night (CM-1305 Tick-Tock) limited minor and my HF was 4.739. What class does it fall if ever I did in any? Thank you

Greetings amigo.

This question gets asked a lot. Some guys will encourage you to learn to use the search function, it will help you get the answers you need right away.

To answer your question:

First, It is a classifier not a qualifier. Not busting your chops, just helping you out?

As far as classification goes.

If you are brand new the USPSA will take your first 4 submitted classifier scores and the average of those 4 will give you your first classification.

You can use classifiercalc.com to look up what your estimated percentage will be based on your entered hit factor. In this case you got a 43% or C class for this one classifier. But remember you need three more ( no duplicates) scores entered before they can be averaged and your classification earned. Don't count your chickens yet amigo, averages can be a bummer!?

After your initial classification they then use your best 6 of your most recent 8 valid non duplicate scores.

Of course you must be a USPSA member.

I'm not sure if they still send a rule book to new members, but you can download it. It is all explained in detail there! Great bathroom reading material!

Hope this helps, have fun!

Ultimo-Hombre, tnx for that. @gng4life shooting minor with the pistol I have. Will transition to major later on

Don't sweat shooting minor. Just have fun, learn, practice and enjoy improving.

Learning fundamentals, building the skill of seeing sights, how to break down and plan stages... As you develop that stuff you will see big improvements. After that.... moving to major scoring will give you another boost.

Just started with uspsa, will transition to major if I get a new pistol :)

Don't rush into a new pistol and major.

I started 20 years ago with a Browning Hi-Power 9mm

and had a lot of fun, but felt I should be shooting Major.

Rushed out and bought a .45 SS (everyone had either

8 or 10 shots then - there was NO Limited), but I had

13 shots :surprise:.

I never shot the .45 as well as I shot my then 30 year

old 9mm - and gave up 13 shot mags for 8 shot mags.

Wish I had stayed with my old 9mm ... :cheers: