Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Words used in the wrong way

Alan550

There have been numerous complaints about spelling and usage errors on here, so I thought I'd put together a composite of “goofs” that could occur.

Some have referred to the “different size cylinders” in a revolver not taking ammo the same way, when they meant “chambers”. I'm not aware of any revolvers that have “6 cylinders”, only 6 or more chambers.

Just for fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No misspellings below, just incorrect usage.

Eye was wandering if eye could interest ewe in a gnu gun eye have fore sail. The prize may bee hire then ewe wont to pay, butt its a reel deal in my book! Isle half two ship it four free, sew let me no if ewe think it wood suit yore kneads and isle dew whatever kneads two bee dun to accommodate yore kneads.

Eye also want ewe two no theirs know weigh wee can bee their on Sunday fore yore track meat. The rode in two the area has a weigh of taring my car apart. Their is no weigh eye can bee they're unless ewe redress the rode.

This isn't directed at anyone in particular, and is meant in good fun.

Inetretsing osebrvtaoin

Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in

waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, olny taht the frist and lsat ltteres are

at the rghit pcleas. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it

wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by ilstef,

but the wrod as a wlohe.

Edited by razorfish

Razor- That is true to a point.... The human brain is very lazy in a genius sort of way- it saves shortcuts whenever possible. The "whole word" reading concept only holds true if your brain recognizes the word. The human brain is very adept at recognizing PATTERNS, and shortcuts to a known answer. That is why optical illusions work. Your brain is "guessing' at a solution to what it sees based on past visual images, then gets confused if it doesn't fit. There would not be storage room in a human head for all the information we process if it wasn't "linked" with previous info. Kind of like RAMSAVER on a computer, or a zip-file.