Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Fusion 2011 frames

gregshin

I bought a fusion from Bob back in 2008. I still have it. I recently put it up for sale and I shouldn't have. I had a really light recoil spring and the new buyer must've been shooting 45acp magnum loads. Anyways a long story short, I returned the money to the buyer and I had to replace the extractor (broken) and put in a new recoil spring. Knock on wood the gun still running great. But in the midst of all this the guy had sent the gun to fusion. He was told, amongst other things that this was not a Fusion 1911. That the parts and fit were not up to their standards. That the Barrel was not even fit correctly. A head scratcher to say the least. I contacted Bob. He had me contact his partner who refused to return my calls and emails. Bob basically said that if his partner felt that way that he must've been right. They wanted to charge the new guy $600 to fix it. When I got the gun back I had a spare recoil spring and extractor and the gun was fully functional and blasting away at the next match. Too bad because I am ready to say really good things about the company and their product based my 1911, but I really can't cause they said it is not a Fusion... LMAO, you can't make this stuff up... I would not buy anything from this company ... EVER. ... But that is just my experience ... I am sure others will speaks good things about them,,, they do make a good product, but I'll never know ;)

btw,,, I don't mean to bad mouth any vendor or company. I am just telling you my experience as I feel is the right thing to do. Now there are always to sides to any story, as they say. And somewhere in the middle is the truth. I only know of one person who has spoken negatively about Fusion Firearms. And that person is "yourstruly". So take my experience with a grain of salt ... But nevertheless I feel you ought to know about it.

good luck and godspeed

Edited by crotchThrower

From my recent interaction with Fusion I was informed STI is manufacturing their 2011 frames with Fusion firearms marks on them. They are not manufacturing their own 2011 Frames.

Frame only no grip section $395

Edited by clawson2011

From my recent interaction with Fusion I was informed STI is manufacturing their 2011 frames with Fusion firearms marks on them. They are not manufacturing their own 2011 Frames.

No idea the quality (and I'm guessing they're not made by STI given the cost difference) but Freedom Gunworks apparently has 2011 clone frames for $200-225:

http://www.freedomgunworks.com/frames.html

No idea the quality (and I'm guessing they're not made by STI given the cost difference) but Freedom Gunworks apparently has 2011 clone frames for $200-225:

http://www.freedomgunworks.com/frames.html

They are very good. They are made under the "ck arms" name.

Yes,

When I first purchased my fusion, dealing with Bob was a great experience. And I am not just throwing great in there for the heck of it. I had a really good experience. The gun had some minor issues I dealt with, but no show stoppers. I still own it and I still enjoy shooting it.

I am still scratching my head on what transpired recently. I literally sent emails I found from 1998 to Bob to prove to him that I bought it from him and that he was the one who put it together. I figured that maybe he thought I had purchased a kit from him and that I put it together. ... But what got to me was his partner and his unwillingness to talk to me. I really don't know what was on going there. Anyways, the gun is still my single stack gun in uspsa and will continue to be for a while, since in good conscious, I cannot sell it to anyone else. I would hate for the next owner to be told this is not a fusion and it is not fitted to their standards again... Some guns are keepers for life, I guess.

Edited by crotchThrower

You need to be careful when you buy a Fusion model. Fusion sells kits of their frame, slide, etc for do-it-yourself gunsmiths. And some times when these do-it-yourself smiths sell the gun, they claim it was built by Fusion (by Bob or one of his guys). If you buy a Fusion, make sure you also see the paperwork that shows it was built at Fusion. Unless, of course, it was a Fusion kit built by a reputable smith.

I've got one Fusion built single stack and had Bob build me a 6" complete upper for a Les Baer complete lower I already had than had it fit by a local gunsmith. Both guns have been stellar.

Edited by JGus