Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Another ESP: Cz75 Shadow vs STI Eagle/Marauder

flat9999

What a dilemma to have. Going to try to put together a single action that will be used exclusively in ESP.
I have kinda narrowed my choices to:
Cz 75 Shadow SAO
STI Marauder/Eagle

Looking for an accurate and reliable 9mm that will play well in the division.
The Cz is not as expensive, heavier, very reliable and can be customized fairly easily.
The STI is more modular, lighter and has that 1911-like trigger.

Pros/Cons of the platforms? I know that they are different in many ways.
Thanks in advanced for any input.

I shoot an eagle for ESP, the thing is a beast. I haven't really changed much with it, just threw a grip safety on beings I changed the hammer and sear, but other than that it's stock. I guess the only bad part is I have to run my ammo at about 137 PF to keep the slide cycling fast enough with an 11lb spring. I don't know much about the CZ platform and I know you'll probably have to ship it out for work... the 2011's can be looked over by any gunsmith that knows the 1911, and you can come across parts fairly easy.

Hope this helps.

• 4 weeks later...

I have shot both, they both are accurate and shoot pretty flat. That being said I bought an Eagle in 40. I wanted a back up for my limited gun that I could shoot IDPA with. Loading your own ammo you can make some very soft shooting 40 minor rounds. The 40 also lets you play in limited without the scoring disadvantage.