Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mr. Buller Feeder Problems

I got my Mr. Bullet Feeder working, except for one, sometimes problem. When adjusted to drop a bullet in to the case, ever so often it dumps all the bullets in the bullet dropper. This happens about 1 out of every 8-10 rounds loaded. If i put the slightest pressure on the clip it stops doing it. I'm thinking of adding a light spring from the clip to the plate.

Any thoughts? I know many of you have the Mr. Bullet Feeder really humming along.

Thanks

Don

Don't know if this is the correct fix. But I added weight to the convertor on the tool head so it would only drop one at a time. Will add a photo later but I Ty-rapped three 5/8" nuts to it.

Edited by rmckinle

Go to youtube and watch all of the videos by the builder of the bullet feeder. I'll bet your answer is in there! ;)

Sounds like tension on the spring or touching the powder hopper if I remember the videos

Good ideas to check. You may want to be sure and look into the dropper tube and make certain that you can see all three of the small balls showing. If one is missing it will work, but will do what you described. These three balls are what holds the bullets in the dropper. Does not mater what the switch does. My best guess is something is causing a bid of the free movement of that tube. It works most of the time then sticks in the up position. JMHO :cheers:

I moved my hopper up as far as it can go, and it seemed to have cured the problem. Now to finish with all the tweaks to the collator so all the bullet feed right side up. Every so often the bullets drop upside down. Glad they are easy to pull out and turn the right way.

I moved my hopper up as far as it can go, and it seemed to have cured the problem. Now to finish with all the tweaks to the collator so all the bullet feed right side up. Every so often the bullets drop upside down. Glad they are easy to pull out and turn the right way.

You could stretch the spring a little bit to get the tension off of it as well.

You can put a spring in the powder check rod hole, attach it to dropper clip and it'll add downward tension, I personally have the dropper spring tube rubberbanded to my powder measure to ensure it drops immediately. I found that with where I wanted the unit mounted the spring tube would put a small amount of side tension on the dropper and it wouldn't always fall back down immediately.

20150122_200101_zpsa8a7bba8.jpg

Got the spring from an old leaking beat up pneumatic quick disconnect fitting...

Looks like a great idea if it acts up again. Just by moving the collator up to the front of the case feeder collator stopped the dropping. Played the the adjustments on the collator last night and finally got over 100 rounds though it without any bullets dropping or going in upside down.

Just like a Dillon press you just need so pasince and asking for some ideas when problems start.

• 5 months later...

Hi guys,

Just installed and adjusted the Mr Bullet Feeder on Dillon.

Tested around 100 bullets 9mm 124gr with polymer coating and 2-3 went with the nose down instead of bottom down.

I have the strange feeling that they turned while falling through the spring section.

Any similar issues and how to solve if not change bullet type ;-)

Thanks