Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2015 JABs Extreme Steel Target Challenge -Dothan, AL April 24-25

Jabs Extreme Steel Targets and Dothan Gun Club are proud to announce the first annual
JABS EXTREME STEEL TARGET CHALLENGE
On April 24th – 25th 2015 Dothan Gun Club will host the newest concept of an all steel match. Come test your skills at this match, veteran shooters and new shooters alike. Try out some challenging stage designs and a new concept of bonus targets that has never tried before. This
new concept will have some very challenging custom targets designed by Jabs Extreme Steel Targets set out in each stage that if engaged and hit will take seconds off your time. There will be 6 stages of knockdown steel and 2 stages of static steel. This will be a time/plus penalties
scoring match, with stage cut off times built into the stage. Basically you will get to shoot’em till they all fall but not stand and go to war with the stage. There will be only two division: limited irons and open, both will have to follow all of the current USPSA limited and open rules
as they pertain to the firearms used. Irons Division magazines will be limited to 10 rounds. Competitors will compete using their USPSA class or (IDPA equivalent class) and can register and shoot in both divisions. There will be cash payouts and trophies for top shooters in each class and also a prize table. The best part of this match will be on Saturday night during the announcements and prize table. All shooters, RO’s and vendors (sponsors) will be invited to a Whole Hog Cookin’ with all the fixings’ to go along with it for a nice after shoot party. Plan on joining us for a fun weekend of shooting and good eating, with good friends and fellow competitors. Registration will begin on December 15, 2014 at www.Jabssteeltargets.com

Date: April 24-25

Entry Fee: $120, $90 for Juniors

T-shirt, welcome bag, and Saturday night BBQ dinner included in entry fee. Your bag might include random prizes!

You may sign up for and shoot both divisions if you want.

8 Stages

Roughly 250 pieces of steel.

For any questions (including sponsorships) contact:

Jeremy Brannen
Jeremy@Jabssteeltargets.com
(334) 726-3171

The full info PDF is attached including the full sponsorship breakdown.

Jabs match 2015 good.pdf

Edited by bluedevil008

For anyone wondering, the style of this match is more like ProAm than Steel Challenge. These are not static stages, you will be moving and shooting multiple arrays, consisting of primarily knockdown steel. There will be optional bonus targets that subtract from your time if you choose to take them. Top shooters in each division and class will walk the table first, and then it will go to order of finish. We have several GM's signed up already so it will be a challenge for those wanting it, but lower class shooters will still be competing amongst their class. The par time for each stage is set so that most middle of the pack shooters will be able to clean the stage, so your score is your time and not amount of plates, but plates left standing will assess penalties. It can be quite frustrating and sometimes a little too humbling when you shoot a ProAm and you barely get half of the plates, so that is not the stage design intention for this match.

Hope to see you all there! Dothan Gun Club opened last year and they have been killing it with tons of monthly matches and they'll be more than ready for their first "major."

• 2 weeks later...

Ah ok, answer the questions, then add to cart, then checkout. It'skind of like buying something on a web store! When you check out you answer all of the personal questions and submit payment information.

If you go to the match page on the website you will see Fri-am, Fri-pm, Sat-am, and Sat-pm at the top of the page. Click on the time you want to shoot and fill in the questions and then as you checkout you will give your info. I originally didn't let people shoot both matches, but now is open to shoot both Irons and Open.

I've had a few people ask if it was a steel challenge type match. Just to let everyone know it is not a steel challenge match. This match is kind of like the pistol Pro-AM, all knockdown steel and some static steel. Irons is limited to 10 rounds in the mag and 1 in the tube. Open is just that, mags are loaded all the way. You can shoot an iron gun in open if you want to and load your mags full up. There will be a prize table for both irons and open. The best part is the whole hog cooking Sat night after the match. Each registration will get you a ticket to eat, but extras will cost $15 per. Spectators and family are encouraged to come. Its free to come check out the match and shooting. Also check out the range while your there. Dan Mitchell is building a heck of a range there.

Edited by Jabstargets

• 2 weeks later...

Match details are on the website on the Jabs Extreme Steel Target challenge page. Right now we are looking at opening the gates at 6:00 AM fri and sat. with shooter briefing at 8:00 and shooting starting right after briefing on both days Friday and Saturday. Hoping to have the match wrapped up around 5 to 6 pm Saturday night with awards and whole hog cooking right after that.

• 1 month later...

Congrats to the winners and let me say, that was a lot of fun. Looking forward to next year already. Great staff, great shooters, and an amazing prize table.

Wish the weather had been a little more cooperative, but you can't have everything. Thanks for the great time!

I was very very impressed with the prize table for the first year match. Thank you so much to all of the sponsors, even people at the end of the order of finish that didn't win their class walked away with $100 gift certificate to something. I thought the stages provided a solid mix of different types of layouts, maybe a tad bit more difficult shots would have been nice here and there. The whole hog feast was a lot of fun, and the pig itself was excellent!

I imagine next year's will be even better now that Jeremy and Dan have some experience under their belt at the new range.

I also must mention a particularly awesome deed that happened. After my open gun took a dump on the first stage, I had so many people offer to let me shoot their stuff, and Manny Brag in particular brought over his nice Limited .40 setup and provided me with a gun and ammo to shoot the entire match! Without his generosity, I likely would have been sitting on the sidelines for the rest of the match. Not to mention, this is only about 3 minutes after introducing myself! Thank you so much to Manny, and Dan for taking time to try and diagnose my issue. It goes to show the quality of people we have in our sport.