Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Xdm 5.25 uppers and lowers interchangeable?

joshxdm9

I have a Canyon Creek custom Xdm 5.25 in .40 and an Xdm 5.25 9mm that I built myself... is there any reason I could not or should not take the complete slide off of the 9mm and put on the lower of the .40 and just switch mags? Reason being .40 lower..trigger, mag well, and grips much better than the 9mm lower.

• 4 weeks later...

I figured that 2 stock 5.25 would be fine. Reason I question changing mine out was the .40 was built by canyon Creek so there was a lot of work done to the sear along with many other things. I did try it and it reset and ran great!

• 11 months later...

Figured better to revive an old thread than start a very similar one. Just got a 5.25 .40 to shoot major starting this coming Saturday. Between having dropped a ton on gun gear recently and trying to watch $$ a bit and not having time this week to swap a PRP trigger and stuff from an unused XDM, I figured to put the .40 upper on my 5.25 9mm lower with a PRP Ultimate Match and a few other goodies. A guy on the Facebook XDM page said he'd done similar without problem but the admin suggested calling Springfield. I expected Springfield to give a lawyerly CYA answer, which they did. She said it won't work, then softened to there might be problems, including the slide being hopelessly stuck on the frame, suggested there were differences in the lowers, but when pressed couldn't tell me what they were.

So, I'm reassured from this thread that I'm not going to have a ruined gun, unless someone has some updated experience to the contrary. Does the .40 use a heavier spring, if so what weight? I'm running a 16(?)lb on my 9mm. I'm guessing that I ought to at least swap the .40 spring into it?