Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Are the newer style synthetic grips on new S&W revolvers available

mcb

So the new Model 66 and 69 and some of the 629's (maybe others) seem to be coming with a new style rubber grip. It covers more of the back strap and has less prominent finger groves than the Hogue grips we are all use too. I handle a Model 69 at a FLGS recently (nearly bought it despite the wife) and really liked the grip. Thought I might like to try one on my 627 and maybe my model 10. Can I get this grips as an aftermarket part somewhere? I don't see them listed on S&W's website and I can't figure out who makes them. Any help would be appreciated. My Google-fu skills have failed me.

178014_01_md.jpg

Good Old Hogue Square butt conversion grip.

163603_01_md.jpg

The new grip that I am looking for.

My 617 came with them, hated them.

Also, they probably won't work for you if you have an aftermarket spring like the bang Inc or wolf main spring since the grip screw goes through the center, the spring will make contact with the grip screw.

LOL, as I dug around on the internet looking for them I saw a lot of comments on them, some loved them, some hated them very little middle ground. Would your 617 grips fit my old Model 10?

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I am probably doing something sacrilegious here but here is my Model 10 with the new style synthetic grips MWP sent me. So far I really like the feel, but the proof will be in the shooting.

M10NGL.jpg

M10NGR.jpg