Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

First match with the P320

alma

First time shooting a match with my personal SIG P320 today. It ran flawlessly dispute the 14 degree weather and the questionable operator.

This gun is stock except for sights, a bit of texturing, and I cut a couple of coils off of the recoil spring.

I am hoping to get an aftermarket guide rod, reduced power recoil spring and get a slightly lighter trigger in the next month or so but really it seems to work just fine for the time being.

Nothing like getting to the end of a stage and seeing that not all the plates were reset!

Nice shooting. I need to get my hands on a P320 full size just to try it out. I love my Accu and won't ever give it up, but this looks like a great choice for USPSA.

Alma, I know you moved from an Accu to a P320. Any regrets?

No regrets. Even without the trigger work I feel like I am shooting on par with where I was with the ACCU. I hope to improve on that this season.

I was already looking around because I think the CORE grip and trigger reach is a bit too small for my hands. I am really liking the Large grip frame module and some trigger mods on the horizon might further optimize this gun for me when it comes to trigger reach.

Edited by alma

Alma,

what sights did you install on your p320?

Is large grip fame modules available yet?

Thanks

I have a P226 Heinie rear and a Dawson front. The Warren and Sevigny rears for the 226 also fit but overhang the rear of the slide some. Gray Guns is also has a nice looking competition rear for the P320 that I have seen on some guns and would consider.

My front dovetail was cut deeper than my rear so I ended up with a .250 tall Dawson front to give me the right POI with my 147gr Production load.

The large grip frame modules are available. The P250 grip frame modules are the same part number so if you find one for the P250 then it will work just fine.

I just picked up three from Tom Gun Supply. Looks like they are on sale for $35 too. http://www.topgunsupply.com/sig-sauer-p250-grip-module-assembly-9/40/357-full-size-frame-large-grip.html

Is there a chance you can compare standard grip frame to large, how much difference ?

Although the graphic below is from SIG and it lists the dimensions it doesn't show you the difference in grips. In the two pictures below that you can clearly see the difference between a large and small grip frame module.

10903789_10204841852580181_7519584362796

1300099.jpg1300098.jpg

Edited by alma