Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Differences between CZ Custom ACCU Shadow and Shadow Target

PWSLMT

I have been looking over the two pistols on the websites, there is no LGS that carry the CZ line locally. I have looked over the websites and have read a lot on this forum and have decided I need another pistol. LOL !! From what I can see the differences between the two is that the Accu Shadow has a match grade barrel and the bushing, and the target has the adjustable rear sight. Is there other differences I am missing? There's about $500 difference on price, is the difference worth the extra money? I plan on shooting some local events. I did read that the Accu Shadow in IDPA is not legal, are there any other classes? Great forum here on the CZ's. Thanks

SP01 Shadow Target.

action job, factory barrel, adjustable rear sight milled into slide, FO front, SS guide rod, 11# recoil. 13# main, 85C trigger, thin al grips, 3 mags

SP01 ACCU

action job, factory barrel with fitted ACCU bushing, short reset, ext firing pin, HAJO rear sight, FO front sight, SS guide rod, 11 # recoil. 13# main, 85C trigger, thin al grips, 3 mags.

CZC ACCU

action job, match AUZ length barrel fitted ACCU bushing, short reset, ext firing pin, Shadow Comp rear sight, FO front sight, SS guide rod, 11# recoil, 13# main, 85C trigger, thin al grips, 3 mags.

actions are DA 7.5-8.5 / SA 3-3.5#

Those are the builds with features and specs.

I have been looking over the two pistols on the websites, there is no LGS that carry the CZ line locally. I have looked over the websites and have read a lot on this forum and have decided I need another pistol. LOL !! From what I can see the differences between the two is that the Accu Shadow has a match grade barrel and the bushing, and the target has the adjustable rear sight. Is there other differences I am missing? There's about $500 difference on price, is the difference worth the extra money? I plan on shooting some local events. I did read that the Accu Shadow in IDPA is not legal, are there any other classes? Great forum here on the CZ's. Thanks

Neither of the guns you mention are IDPA legal. The Target has been deemed illegal because the slide wasn't actually milled by CZUSA to install the adjustable rear sight.

If you want to shoot it in IDPA, you'll need to choose a regular SP-01 Shadow - or maybe one of the new Shadow Target IIs. It looks like their adjustable sight fits into the standard slot. But I may be wrong on that.

As for whether or not it's worth the extra money to get an AccuShadow - it's a tough call. I have one of each. And the regular Target model is quite accurate. If that's all I had, I don't think my gun would be holding me back in action pistol games. Still, my favorite is the AccuShadow - and I have no regrets about spending the extra money on it.

Hell, after this season is over, I'll probably send it back to Stuart and CZC to get one of the match barrels put in it.

none of those 3 are IDPA legal but they are legal for USPSA Production division (also legal for limited and L10 and open, but they are best suited to production).

Have a look and see if anyone in your area is running USPSA events. :)

they are all great pistols. :)

eerw,

Of the 3 you listed above, which is considered the best in your opinion? I really know nothing about CZ, but am think about trying one out as everyone raves about their accuracy. Last question, would it make for a good carry gun for L.E. or is it too heavy? Thank You for your sage assistance.