Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Thinking of Shooting Revolver division this year

Like the the title says, it is something i've been interested in for a few years now but don't know any body that shoots revolver. First off I do own a revolver but not sure what gear, division to start. I have a Ruger GP100 6 inch with 7 speed loader, I have a generic holster but no pouch or holder for my speed loader. Before I go out and buy all kinds of new gear or new revolver, I would like to try what I have first and what division will my revolver will fall in to. Any input or suggestion will be greatly appriciated.

Thanks

If you have am ICORE club available that would be perfect. I've thought about getting a Ruger for classic, just because.

In USPSA, you are eligible for major scoring but a 158 grain bullet at 1050 feet per second in magnum brass is rather spicy. Speedloaders can be pretty quick with practice. Bottom feeders don't like getting beat by revolvers.

Does you holster cover the trigger guard? If so, all you need are pouches for your speed loader to get started. Don't going out and

spend a lot of money until you shoot some matchs and see if you like the game. Rich

Your current gun will play ICORE Classic very well. A quick google says Boulder City has an ICORE match monthly. Totally worth looking into.

I personally ran a speedloader gun for a few matches when I started USPSA. It plays, but the 8 shot guns are where it is now. If you get serious about revolver, you'll naturally move toward one.

There are several manufactures that make speed loader carriers. Hogue, safariland, and north mountain just to name a few.

Give it a shot, see how it goes and report back!

Do yourself a favor and "Just say No" - it is as addictive as crack. :rolleyes:

I fixed up and started shooting a 627 thinking it would be a casual low work secondary division to shoot when I didn't have time to fuss with an open gun.

Haven't shot anything but a wheel gun since July, and I suck at it...but I can't seem to stop. There is probably a name for this affliction....

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I shot one ICORE match at the Boulder City club ("Reservation Dogs") and would like to make the trip more often to shoot with them. Nice folks.

Besides the fact its difficult to make that trip very often, the Reservation Dogs monthly match is on the same Saturday as our regular monthly match.

Its about 400 miles from here (Fallon.) But like Denny said, we're hosting the IRC this year here in Fallon (September 26 & 27.) Come on up and shoot with us!

Our last regular monthly club ICORE match (before the IRC) will be this weekend (August 15) - and regular monthly matches will resume in October.

Reservations Dogs ICORE matches on the Boulder Rifle and Pistol Club calendar:

www.brpc1.org/events