Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock Zev tech Dragonfly

Gunmetal

I love the looks of a Zev Dragonfly and would really like to pick one up. Would really like one in 9mm. Are they really worth the money or do they just look cool? I have STI Rangers and a Brazo Edge. Seems like a 1911 style pistol would blow this gun away with performance. But I just can't get over the looks of the Zev. I have a 19 and a 34 and love them both.

What say you?

I love mine! I think a dragonfly G17 would be the cat's meow. Mines a G35. It recoils kind of violently and extremely fast and gets back on target very quickly

It's great but you can't beat the recoil absorbtion and the single action trigger of an sti edge.

post-48839-0-00838700-1420358064_thumb.j

I love my G17 Dragonfly. It's not, and never will be an Infinity, but as far as a plastic gun goes, it's awesome. It feels great in your hand, the stippling and the mag well, lock the pistol into your hand. That, along with the lightened slide, help the pistol shoot flatter and like 3djedi said, somewhat violently, but sight recovery is very fast too. For me though, where it really shines is that it's really light (22 ounces) and it runs 100%. I haven't had a single failure in 1300 rounds. 750 of which were during a two day school where it didn't get cleaned at all.

IMG_2256_zps7054d38f.jpg

Just seeing the pic that Ranger Trace posted is exactly why I can't get this gun out of my head. That is awesome. I just missed an upper with barrel on this forum.. I'll keep looking for the right deal and will most likely pull the trigger on one of these..

Just seeing the pic that Ranger Trace posted is exactly why I can't get this gun out of my head. That is awesome. I just missed an upper with barrel on this forum.. I'll keep looking for the right deal and will most likely pull the trigger on one of these..

Keep an eye on gun broker. I got this complete gun for $1350 (NIB). Which I realize is high for a Glock, but they retail for like 1800ish in my neck of the woods........

I saw one for $970. I'm still trying to figure out if it's a Chinese clone or something. Lol

I think some of the distributors must get a really big break on the complete guns. I'm going to buy one of the G19 Defender models next week. The Distributor had like 73 of them in stock........

I saw one for $970. I'm still trying to figure out if it's a Chinese clone or something. Lol

if that deal was from Richie's PnG, they're legit. i used to live in Louisiana and they were a sponsor of a gun forum i used to frequent even though they are in Mississippi. They have great deals from time to time and sell Canon safes cheaper than i've seen anyone sell em. I was going to order mine from Richie's but didn't want to deal with having it shipped to my FFL and then coordinating pick up since my FFL travels a lot (kitchen table FFL). I ended up getting it locally for a little under $1050 out the door in Dallas, TX.

if that deal was from Richie's PnG, they're legit. i used to live in Louisiana and they were a sponsor of a gun forum i used to frequent even though they are in Mississippi. They have great deals from time to time and sell Canon safes cheaper than i've seen anyone sell em. I was going to order mine from Richie's but didn't want to deal with having it shipped to my FFL and then coordinating pick up since my FFL travels a lot (kitchen table FFL). I ended up getting it locally for a little under $1050 out the door in Dallas, TX.
it is richies. I won a bid on gunbroker for a glock 19 defender but richies said there was a glitch in their inventory system and they didn't have the gun. The winning bid was $680. I figured they Just didn't want to sell it for that price. They said when they get more in stock they would honor the price.

I love their fantastically laid out machining... I just wish they would spend more than five seconds on their stippling... Looks like crap, and rushed, no edge work... And that's the part you actually handle.

I haven't tried anything else but the ZEV stippling feels pretty good in the hand.

I think some of the distributors must get a really big break on the complete guns. I'm going to buy one of the G19 Defender models next week. The Distributor had like 73 of them in stock........

Trace, you will really enjoy the G19 Defender. Mine has been completely reliable. It does have a huge mag release though, which can take some getting used to.

I also really like the Zev Socom versions, I would like to convert my 19 into that format.... Just seems like a lot of money for a polymer gun!

That's one of my favorite design. They had a special, around Black Friday, for a SOCOM upper, minus barrel and recoil, for $550 IIRC. Which is a smoking deal for an almost complete upper. Slide was also milled for RMR, and came with a filler plate that accepts standard rear too. Too bad it wasn't for a Gen4.

I just looked up some of the work by ssvi llc and it is absolutely stunning. Makes the zev stuff look pedestrian

It all depends on what a person likes. Personally, I didn't care for the SSVI stuff.........I like the look of Salient's stuff, but don't want to pay an additional 500-1000 bucks...

I just looked up some of the work by ssvi llc and it is absolutely stunning. Makes the zev stuff look pedestrian

From what I can tell of ssvi it looks like they use BDL customs for their weathered cerakote finish. They just look bling-y. My competition g34s look pedestrian compared to a full zev build but will run circles around a lot of fancier looking guns.

It all depends on what a person likes. Personally, I didn't care for the SSVI stuff.........I like the look of Salient's stuff, but don't want to pay an additional 500-1000 bucks...
My favorite design was the plain black slide with the mjolinar milling. The stipple work looked very nicely done as well. The custom cerakote jobs were kinda cool, but the slide cuts are just a nice design, and they look even more under-stated than the dragon fly (at least to me).

From what I can tell of ssvi it looks like they use BDL customs for their weathered cerakote finish. They just look bling-y. My competition g34s look pedestrian compared to a full zev build but will run circles around a lot of fancier looking guns.
Well if we are honest with ourselves, custom Glock slides are about looks, and not performance. Other than milling for a red dot, I doubt there are many practical gains to be made from slide mods.

I admit my main reason for wanting one is because they look pretty awesome... I'm not lining up to lay down the $1500, but I can definitely drool over them!

I actually think better frame work (stippling, edge work) is more eye catching for me...

Gemma a tri-top and a bad ass stipple job, I'll TiN coat the barrel myself. :-)