Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shadow won't stay in SA mode

Nimitz

At the range today after about 40-50 rds my Shadow would only fire in DA mode. Does this simply mean it's time for a new trigger spring or is there something else going on/ I took the gun completely apart last night to clean and everything looked ok ...

neither. the gun fires just fine but every shot is DA. It started out ok ... 1st shot DA hen all others SA. then it went DA, SA, SA, DA, DA, DA. Then on the next rep and all others it just went DA, DA, DA ....

Ok I had the same problem, it's posted a lot in CZ custom forums. Call CGW and they said its timing problem and very easy to fix? At that time I just sent in the gun but I do not like waiting 4 weeks for a minor adjustments. As of now I have no info as to what "timing"

Could be? Did a complete tear down on my shadow this week end and could not see what timing could be lost?

Aren't the sear and hooks only surface hardened? When they are tuned, much of the harder material is removed?

Neither is case hardened. The sear is actually very soft and I have seen several fail due to the over travel screw being too tight. The hammer hooks drag across the edge of the sear accelerating wear. Usually the pistol doubles when this happens.

I'm trying to picture how it could be a timing problem. The timing problems I've seen the pistol cocks, but when you try to fire the disconnector catches the trigger bar preventing the hammer from falling. You can ride the trigger forward to lower the hammer. This is corrected by removing some material from the wings. I'd caution you that if it isn't a timing problem and you remove material or you advance the timing too much material you could cause the hammer to fall to soon causing light strikes.

• 4 months later...

My CZC SPO-1 just did the same thing on Saturday.

SRT trigger work by CZC, started getting hammer follow.

Don't think the trigger had over 2,000 rds. Anybody know how long the tuned triggers should be good for?

Oh well, off to CZC to get it fixed. Good thing they are local!!

Mick

Edited by MickB

My CZC SPO-1 just did the same thing on Saturday.

SRT trigger work by CZC, started getting hammer follow.

Don't think the trigger had over 2,000 rds. Anybody know how long the tuned triggers should be good for?

Oh well, off to CZC to get it fixed. Good thing they are local!!

Mick

You should get 80k to 100k if it was set up correctly.

So, CZC took care of the hammer follow issue. Looks like the hammer hooks went.

Best that could be determined was that the over travel screw had walked, which caused the hammer hooks to drag on the sear.

CZC went through the trigger mechanism so I know what to look for if the over travel screw ever walked again, or there was any other issue causing hammer drag.

Kudos to CZC for the first class customer service!

Mick