Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Holland and Topton 2-Gun Series

Some exciting announcements for the 2015 2-Gun season, for next year we are going to expand the series to 6 matches working with our partner club Topton Fish & Game.

Things will be a little different than last year. The New Holland matches will remain Rifle/Pistol matches (however we may be stretching things out a bit). The matches at Topton will be Rifle/Shotgun.

In order to be eligible for series points you must shoot at least 4 matches (2 at each club).

Match fee is $30/match

Registration for 2015 will be through mail in apps and will happen in phases:

If you are registering for all six matches you need to have your app in by 1/23 (if you sign up for all six matches the fee is only $160)

If you are registering for 4 matches your app needs to be in by 2/1

If you are registering for less than 4 matches you must have your app in by 2/27. Slot priority will be given to those shoot 6 matches, then those shooting 4 matches, then the non-points shooters.

Match Dates:

Match 1 New Holland (Rifle Pistol) March 7 2015

Match 2 Topton (Rifle Shotgun) March 29 2015

Match 3 Topton (Rifle Shotgun) April 12 2015

Match 4 Topton (Rifle Shotgun) May 17 2015

Match 5 New Holland (Rifle Pistol) June 13 2015

Match 6 New Holland (Rifle Pistol) August 23 2015

Please download the app at:

http://www.nhrpc.org/2Gun

Is it too late to get in on a couple of these matches?
Pretty sure its filled

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. do we need slings for rifle or shotgun?

2. are we going to receive any emails with squading info?

3. stage descriptions going to be posted ahead of time?

4. will we shoot both guns on all the stages on 3/29/15 shoot?

Thanks for any info

Edited by 10mmGlock

Shooters meeting at 8. Be ready to shoot. No sign up as everyone is pre registered. Waivers will be signed on first stage. No slings needed for this first match. No stage description will be posted. You use both guns on all but one stage

I'll be sending out an email later today to all registered shooters with the info for this week. But basically for the Topton matches the shooters meeting will start at 8am

Dean & Kerry,

For us 3-gun smooth bore noobs, what's a typical shotgun slug target @ 50/100 yards? Are we talking 6" round steel plates?

I know my zero but expect my POI to move to the left and up as the match progresses and my cheek swells.

See you all Sunday!

Dave

Working on stages for next match. Same round count should do it. Hope all had fun. Stage three targets got a little harder to see for dots when the sun changed position. They were fine the day before when it was more overcast and in the morning. Once the match starts I cannot change the targets. I watched the last squad shoot and saw all the scoped people shoot it pretty easily, but know some dot shooters had trouble. We will work on it for the next match. I will not however allow shooters to yell and curse at my ROs. If this happens again I will post who they are openly for other match directors. My RO including Kerry and myself do not get paid and do not deserve to be berated by a shooter having a bad stage.

My RO including Kerry and myself do not get paid and do not deserve to be berated by a shooter having a bad stage.

Abuse of ROs in any circumstance should not be permitted. Even if they are wrong, unsafe, or disrespectful themselves. Short tempers and recreational shooting should not mix. It is a game people. Well said 45shooter.

It was only one person but I won't post it unless it hppens again. And this person was shooting a variable power scope. That is what mad me made but was funny as well.

Maybe this person didn't know which end to look down??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am proud to announce that FNH USA has come aboard as the title sponsor for the match. We will have around 11 FNH guns on the prize table in addition to some other FNH products. This means we already have 12 guns on the table. See everyone Sunday.

For match 2 of the series at Topton there will be an 8am shooters meeting and squads will be called at that time. Please arrive in time to be ready to shoot after the meeting.

Round Count

225 Rifle

200 Bird shot

10 slugs

No slings will be needed for this match but they will be needed for the next match.

If you are not going to be able to make it please let us know so we can even out the squads.

Thank you to everyone for working on an awesome price table! Other than squading requests are you going to change up the squads from the previous shoot?

It's not that I disliked anyone I just enjoy meeting new shooters. Just a personal thought I believe it would be well received if you would let everyone know their squads ahead of time. Mainly concerning whether not to have the slugs already on your person or buried in the bag.