Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Holland and Topton 2-Gun Series

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great list of sponsors!

Thank you to all who is making this possible.

I have a few shotgun questions...

Is a extended shotgun choke with slots/porting considered a ported barrel?

On any given stage what would be a max number of shotgun targets we could expect?

Will we need slugs for the series?

Edited by 10mmGlock

We are looking to be bit proactive, based on the current range conditions we may be in trouble for the March 7th Match.

If needed we will use September 12 as the snow date. If we need to move the match I will post on March 3rd.

I know it is still early however we want to be prepared in case there is an issue with range conditions. We tried to make sure that this does not conflict with any announced major matches.

If we have to move the dates and it causes trouble for any shooters please reach out to me. kerry.woods@angrypig.net

• 2 weeks later...

I know I stated 5 slugs but the stage I have drawn up for the first match at Topton has a eight slug minimum. Please remember this is min. You may want a few more for makeup shots. Also practice some off hand and weak hand rifle.

Edited by 45shooter

Well winter seems determined to hold on as long as it can so we are going to have to move our first scheduled match to our back-up date of 9/12. So our first match in the series will be a rifle/shotgun match on 3/29 (bring plenty of slugs).

We hate to make the change, but the range conditions and forecast simply would not allow us to run a safe and fun match.

• 2 weeks later...

For all the people panicking. That will cover your match and prob have some to spare. Stages are still in the works and the last thing I need to deal with is the guy that brought the exact number of rounds, misses a lot or has a reshoot and then doesn't have enough ammo. For big matches I usually take double the round count. If you bring the above amount you will hve enough no extra should be needed

Some exciting announcements for the 2015 2-Gun season, for next year we are going to expand the series to 6 matches working with our partner club Topton Fish & Game.

Things will be a little different than last year. The New Holland matches will remain Rifle/Pistol matches (however we may be stretching things out a bit). The matches at Topton will be Rifle/Shotgun.

In order to be eligible for series points you must shoot at least 4 matches (2 at each club).

Match fee is $30/match

Registration for 2015 will be through mail in apps and will happen in phases:

If you are registering for all six matches you need to have your app in by 1/23 (if you sign up for all six matches the fee is only $160)

If you are registering for 4 matches your app needs to be in by 2/1

If you are registering for less than 4 matches you must have your app in by 2/27. Slot priority will be given to those shoot 6 matches, then those shooting 4 matches, then the non-points shooters.

Match Dates:

Match 1 New Holland (Rifle Pistol) March 7 2015

Match 2 Topton (Rifle Shotgun) March 29 2015

Match 3 Topton (Rifle Shotgun) April 12 2015

Match 4 Topton (Rifle Shotgun) May 17 2015

Match 5 New Holland (Rifle Pistol) June 13 2015

Match 6 New Holland (Rifle Pistol) August 23 2015

Please download the app at:

http://www.nhrpc.org/2Gun

Is it too late to get in on a couple of these matches?