Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gen 4 Glock 19 trigger help?

ICEMAN550

I am currently using a glock 19 for USPSA production. Only modifications are truglo TFO sights. Just getting into competition shooting and eventually will get either a 34/35. I don't want a drastic trigger change from the stock as far as pre-travel or reset because my main reason for getting into this is to maintain proficiency with my duty guns(must be stock). The problem is, my glock 19 has a terrible factory trigger, measured at a 5 pull average of 7.3 pounds with 2000 rounds through it. I carry a sig p229 40 dak on duty and or a glock 26. The 19 is not on our approved list. Glocks are personally owned, but inspected for on duty. I was considering getting a glock 17 for work, but then I would have to turn in the sig. Most of the time I carry the glock 26 with glock 19 mags/xgrips or sometimes with pearce +0 with the 19 mags as reloads depending on the situation. Anyway just looking to get a 4.5 or so trigger with crisp break and standard reset. Would adding the OEM connector accomplish this?

Maybe in a few months I will consider getting a vanek or edge trigger in a 34/35 , but for now I just want to see how I do with the 19 and a decent trigger. Thank You!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read about people swapping the gen 4 trigger assembly with a gen 3. I never noticed a dramatic difference between gen 3 and 4 triggers, but I had heard they seem to be more consistently 5.5 #. The gen 4 seemto vary a lot. My 26 averaged 5.6# and only has about 500 rounds through it.

Just to confirm 3.5 connector with 5# striker spring? Should I mess with recoil spring? Trigger spring? I want it to be a carry gun as well as USPSA. If the stock trigger didn't suck, I would have left it. Like I said, when I pick up a 34/35 I may want to look into a comp trigger for a dedicated comp gun. Thanks again and Merry Christmas!

Definitely not dirty. I clean it after shooting. It was a bad trigger from the start. I have learned my lesson to try a few. It seems some of the new 17's are coming out with great triggers. I have 2000 rounds through it and it is not any better than when new. My 26 is perfect.

Put this connector in. You'll feel an immediate difference.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/153418/zev-technologies-race-connector-glock-all-models-2-lb

I'll second this.

I picked up a new Glock 19 Gen 4 yesterday. After dry firing for awhile, I broke it down to clean it also giving it the .25 trigger job.. I also replaced the connector with the Zev Race Connector... made a huge difference. I used the connector with their competition spring set in the past, when I used to compete with the G19.. nice trigger pull.

The TTI connector is pretty sweet as well.

The problem is you have to buy the connector/springs in a kit and spend approximately $55 in order to get a connector.

They should offer a connector as everyone else does without having to buy a kit.

They sell the connector stand alone shooters connection has it and so does TTI.

The stand alone connector does not show up on the TTI website.

ITEMS FOR GLOCK->

Base Pads->

Connector Kits

Firearms

Sights

Gun Smithing

Holsters

ISMI Guide Rods

Magazine Springs

Springs

Daniel, In building trigger kits how would you compare the TTI connector to LWD and GW connectors? I have used plenty of the LWD and GW but never tried the TTI.

Edited by JBP55

DK,

Couple questions?

1) I was just given a Glock connector with the "-" on the top. I do not know if it is 3.5# or 4.5. Is it worth using or is the TTI or LW much better?

2}If the connector doesn't make much difference does it make sense to change to a heavier trigger spring before going to a 5# striker spring?

Thank you for the advice and to everyone who responded. I am a new USPSA shooter and in the past I had our Agency Armorer do all work on my pistols.

One more thing. If the 5# striker spring isn't needed to get me to 4.5 -5# range, would you recommend trying it once in awhile during our USPSA training just to get a feel for a more competition like trigger?