Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shooting Glasses for an "Asian" face

Nevadazielmeister

My wife is really getting into USPSA matches, but she is in search of some glasses that will work with her asian featured face. She does not have the large nose bridge that I and other Europeans have. We did buy a pair of Oakley's that are asian fit, but the arms are too large for her hearing protection to work effective (MSA Sordins).

Do any of you know or have experience with this? Which eyewear would you recommend?

Any help would be appreciated.

I have no experience like yours to speak of because I'm Caucasian, but you really should look into a pair of Rudy Projects. They have more styles than you have time to review. The glasses are almost infinitely adjustable becaus the legs and nose peice are beryllium copper (I think?).

I want to say they are having a huge sale right now. The Rydons are what I have and they are very popular and have many add on options available to them. The Genetyk are also very popular.

Edited by Butterpuc

I have no experience like yours to speak of because I'm Caucasian, but you really should look into a pair of Rudy Projects. They have more styles than you have time to review. The glasses are almost infinitely adjustable becaus the legs and nose peice are beryllium copper (I think?).

I want to say they are having a huge sale right now. The Rydons are what I have and they are very popular and have many add on options available to them. The Genetyk are also very popular.

Thanks Butter.

I looked over their website and they do make an "Asian Fit" model, but I could not find anywhere to buy this. I reached out to some guys in Singapore (where my wife is from) IDPA and I await a response.

Meanwhile, I will take a look at the Smith Aegis Echo.

Thank you all so far. Any more suggestions out there? Anything I am missing?

I am Japanese, have no nose bridge, and have the Rudy Rydons. No special version, just out of the box. The nose rests are soft, but have metal inside to allow custom fitting. As a Nevadan, finding a retailer is a non starter. I just got mine on-line from e-rudy.com.

On the site, you can see the stock levels before ordering. I receive them 2nd day by just picking the basic shipping. They come from So-Cal. Once you buy 1 pair, if you allow them to send you "ad emails", you end up with 50 - 66% discounts on all products every couple of weeks. You use their "link" in the emails, and all the prices are really low.

I have 3 pairs of Rydons, and 12 sets of lenses. Half are reader versions, with every color that looked cool. The clarity on the lenses are far superior to any other pair of glasses I've ever seen.

Get em.

So after some research and finding that indeed, the Rudy Projects were on huge discount, we went with the Rudy Project Rydons. Thank you all for your help and especially you Dave!!

We look forward to seeing you at the next local match, weather depending. As you know, these are for Rina. It is amazing how well Rina is handling the cold matches. She usually would suffer when the temperature gets below 70 degrees fahrenheit. Now she is all bundled up and ready to go for the next match.

And to see her improvement… wow.. proud husband speaking, close your ears!!

Later,

Neil