Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stock 3 9mm on GB !

NickD

The Stock II 9mm is the main one folks want with the beefy cone lock barrel and full dust cover. The Stock III is nice, but it's a straight barrel and blued finish rather than hard chrome. I'm sure it will find a new home quickly though.

Edited by trgt

I own a Stock III 9mm. It's a nice gun. But in my opinion if you can buy a CZ Accu Shadow for close to the same money, get the Accu Shadow. And based on the current bidding on that Stock III on GB, it's going to sell at Accu price. I compete with an Accu and easily prefer it over my Stock III. I just feel it balances better in my hands and I prefer it's DA/SA trigger. And my Stock III has had a trigger job. But that's just my opinion. I'm sure plenty of people would prefer the Stock III over the Accu.

I can't comment on if I'd prefer the Accu over the Stock II, however, as I've never had the opportunity to shoot a Stock II 9mm.

I have a stock 2 and a stock 3 both factory 9mm and i have almost come to the conclusion that I like the stock 3 better. It seems to shoot a bit flatter, the longer sight radius, and it loads (mag changes) smoother than the 2.

I will be shooting my 2 though in the next match just because I haven't shot it in a long time.

Does anyone know the general availability of the III's?

The one on gunbroker right now is at $1600. I haven't seen one in a long time. I just happened upon mine and was the only one to bid on it at retail price! Other than that they are even harder to find than the stock 2's.

Edited by Prov1x

In my opinion I believe the Stock 3 is underrated versus the Stock 2. Some folks are too quick to judge one even though they do not own one :surprise: . Some folks own one :huh: but never really shot equal amount or even had a longer saddle time to even compare it with a stock 2 or a lim pro.

If you have a lim pro, stock 2 and stock 3 i would say that all of them are really good guns. Longer sight radius vs. a bull barrel ? In my opinion... All Alphas are 5 points it doesn't matter which gun fired it from... :goof:

Last month i had my well tuned Tanfoglio Stock 3 in the market that i keep on pulling off the market bec. i get other ways of getting funds to cover some of the expenses i had. But if (medical) bills keep on piling up i may be force to put it back in the market again. Which i know will make me sad :( if the day comes.