Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Looking for a 3 gun belt? Help please!

tenchu74

In the past I've just used a wilderness belt for the various competitions I've participated in. I'm gearing up for the coming season and figure I would go with a inner/outer belt set up. Some of the options I'm aware of are the safariland, cr speed and DSG belt.

I like the idea of the safariland with the ELS fork system but it doesn't clear how u attach the forks to your holsters and other pouches and such. The pistol I will be using is a Beretta WC Brigadier Tactical and there is a limited holster selection for the characteristics of this pistol. I have a Wilson Combat Practical Assault holster that works but I don't know if I could adapt it to the els forks and it has 1.5 belt loops not the 1.75 of the safariland belt. So ELS seems confusing.

Or I could go with one of the other belts in 1.5 and use tekloks to attach my accessories.

I have no experience with two belt systems and the various attachment system.

Any help would be appreciated!

Steve

I know a lot of people really like the ELS system. I can't comment on it as I've never used one, but for the Teclok route (which is what I use) I can recommend the DAA belt. It is way stiffer than others on the market, which is a definite advantage when you're hanging the amount of gear required for 3 gun off of it.

Safariland belt with ELS for the various mag pouches and a QLS for the holster (cuz it's wider and thus more stable). I started with your current set up, and I've tried the Teklok equipment.

The forks of the ELS attach easily to most mag pouches and I've drilled and adapted some non-compliant pouches to use the ELS forks. Once you start working with it, you'll see how it attaches. The inner belt will fit in your belt loops just fine.

Time is precious after you do your stage walk-through and figure out what you need to bring and how you need to set up your belt for that stage. The ELS system is fast and easy.

Put your holster on one side, and put receiver plates on the other side going from your belly button to your kidney. Put a little space between the plates; on or two belt holes. Some folks set up the outer belt so the buckle is in the back to free up more real estate in the front. I find it difficult to put the belt on that way, but YMMV.

I also run an ELS belt system, but with the holster also mounted via ELS. I know it is not designed for this purpose, but it is a competition application, not LE, and has proved to be adequately robust. The advantage is that I can remove the holster and replace with a shotshell caddy when extra shells are needed.

Yeap, ELS seems to work well for pouches and the holster - that's what I run. I just didn't like the ELS belt, so I made some brackets that make ELS work with a CR speed belt. I ran this setup all last season and really like it. Like 45 shooter said, it's nice to be able to slide things around, and this allowed for that while still using the secure ELS clip.

20140525_204146.jpg

IMG_6179.jpg

Edited by jid2