Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Setting up a CZ AccuShadow for Dry Fire

Nemesis Lead

Guys,

I own 4 AccuShadows and one will be a dedicated dry fire gun.

I have heard a variety of things about setting up a dedicated dry fire gun from putting an O-Ring on the firing pin to installing special dry fire pins to protect the gun.

Does anyone have any good thoughts on how to best set up a dedicated dry fire gun?

Look up what everyone else did for their regular shadows for the last 6 years. I am not so sure a bushing gun will help with dryfire.

Serious answer is the o-ring the CGW trigger pin and extra trigger return springs. Add in dedicated dryfire mags loaded with dummies and you will be set.

o-ring is for CZ with a firing pin held in place by a pin. Your Shadow's firing pin is held by the slot piece in the back. No danger of of harm from dry fire. I agree with eerw if its dry fire only cut the pin or remove it.

Some time ago, I emailed Stuart at CZ Custom (who posted above, I believe) about using an o-ring on an Accu Shadow, and he said:

"O ring is up to you. have not seen any appreciable amount of harm to a Shadow from dryfire."

Edited by ummm

i use an o-ring on all my guns during dryfire just because it's quieter and sound of metal smacking on metal hurts my feelings. I lose them frequently so I just cut them from a piece of appropriately sized rubber tubing (gas line from a dirtbike in my case).

Unless I was made of money, I would have a regular sp01 as a dedicated dryfire gun, and spend the $1200 on powder, primers and stoeger/anderson books.