Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm barrel crown details

JDMarshall

Yeah Jeff I'll comment on the open forum.

We talked about this on the phone and I honestly did not see that flaw on the end of the barrel. I bought it brand new, I never shot it, and I never even took it apart. It is one of the tightest fitting Tanfoglio's I had ever picked up. You told me even your friend that owns a Limited was impressed by how tight the fitting is on that gun.

You said after shooting it for a week, you took it apart to clean it, and saw the machining flaw. You called me and we talked on the phone about it, and you told me that the accuracy was great and there were no problems at all with it , ( the accuracy will not diminish on that gun for another 50 to a 100 thousand rounds depending on what you run through it , ) and that the issue was only cosmetic. And you were going to have your gunsmith clean-up the end of the barrel for you, while he does all the other custom work and trigger job on it, to turn it into an Extreme model that you wanted to create for yourself.

You've had this gun for over 3 months now and you never contacted me again about this issue. I had assumed that your gunsmith took care of everything for you.

If you would like to discuss this issue further, than please call me or send me a PM. I still have your cell number if you want me to contact you. Just let me know.

Edited by gennaro

Didn't mean to bring anything into this from the seller and should have left that at that. We're good gennaro and apologies if you felt tuis was aimed negatively at you.

I'm just going to get ahold of a lathe this weekend and I'm looking for any recommencldationd on angle. I've seen some 17deg examples so that's where I may start off.

I would do a recessed target crown, especially if you are doing it on a lathe, just make a flat cut that cleans up all the chamfer (and weird bevel) about half the dia of the muzzle. with a flat cut the bullet will leave the barrel exactly the same all the way around even if the cut is not perfectly centered.