Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

S&W 986 with EoTech

girphoto

I decided to change out my sights on my 986 and after talking with the folks at EoTech, they suggested using the EoTech XPS2.0.

It comes in at 8oz. is less than 2 3/4 in long and fits nicely on the rail made by jackweigand. We cut the rail to fit on the 986 and mounted the EoTech.

eotech1.jpg

eotech2.jpg

Going to sight in early this week and will report back.

Yp, It is a steel gun and after talking to the folks at Eotech, and a few shooters that use them, it is ust about right on once it is sighted in.

Did not have time to get to the range (darn work always gets in the way :roflol::roflol: ) but hope to get there Wednesday.

And in fact I am not the first to do this, and it should work just fine.

Steve_NEPhila noticed that Jerry Miculek, the famous speed shooter, has de-locked the S&W 627PC he uses for IRC Open Division competitions.

tmp_gunsgearirccylinderlarge-tfb.jpg
If you looks closely you can see that the locking flag has been removed from the mechanism.

AND

Rich Wolf in ICORE Competition

REVOLVERS, ICORE

Custom revolvers for action pistol games, including IPSC and ICORE, the true sport of kings.

DSC01874.162173235_std.JPG
DSC01877.162161847_std.JPG
8shotangle.120103950_std.jpg8shotfull.120104004_std.jpg

Southwest_regional_2010.120104124_std.jpRich Wolfe (center) has come as close as any human ever has to beating Jerry Miculek at his own game. Miculek has gone unchallenged for 18 years at the game of ICORE (International Confederation of Revolver Enthusiasts) at local, regional and the Annual International Revolver Challenge sponsored by Smith and Wesson. Richard Koester on the left, Dave Lake on the right.

Wholly cracker jacks and snickers bars! Its like twice the size of the gun....

You know you can pickup a C-More for about half the price right? They are like 3oz instead of 8, and about half inch shorter.

Plus you can mont them sideways, reference other post:

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=163939

With the Eotech at the 3yd line on Icore standards aim at the top of the X zone or you will be low. With the horizontal mount do you have to worry about cylinder gap blast on the glass of the Cmore?

Thanks for the info.....

I have a 67-5 with a C-More RTS2 That just went back to C-more because of bad battery contacts and they have a recall. What that means if you call them, they will approve you send them the red dot for the recall update... You pay shipping one way and they pay the other..They said they would do it in a week. I hope!

Edited by girphoto