Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Aftermarket rear sight with a wider notch for xdm 525

Floorplate

Can anyone recommend a rear sight with a wider notch for the xdm 525? I was going to try resighting so my front sight sat way high, but then read that changing rear sights is allowed for production.

Sights, firing pins, firing pin retainers, extractors and ejectors MAY be replaced with OEM or aftermarket parts.” (Appendix D4, Rule 21.6)

I just watched a Bob Vogel video and he used/uses Warren Tactical with more room in the notch to find the fronts faster..

I have heard of guys milling out the factory sight but am not sure I have seen an aftermarket rear that was intentionally wider cut for the XDm. As mentioned by nwhpfan the normal route is to get the .100 Dawson front sight.

You will need to change the front sight also. Call dawson and speak with them, they can tell you what you'll need.

They do come in pairs due to the height being a little different. That needs to match so your point of aim will be true.

I don't remember what I ordered, but I changed mine out and it made a big difference.

• 1 year later...