Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is CZ P01 SDP SSP legal

brianr34

Wanted to see if the CZ P01 SDP (91721) is SSP legal? I believe it is but wanted to check?

How does using decocker work in IDPA? Can you just decock hammer and holster or do you have to drop hammer all the way down?

I have only used striker fired pistols so the DA/SA type guns require some learning for me.

For the Decocker part ....If a gun has a decocker you MUST use it to lower the hammer down.

IDPA Rule 8.2.1.2.2

Firearms with a de-cocking lever or button will be de-cocked using the lever or button.

Edited by emjei

The SDP is milled to accept night sights I beleive, if so

8.2.1.3.1 Sights may be changed to another notch and post type but slides may not be machined to accept different style sights in SSP

Edited by emjei

no...slide is machined for rear sight. which is not allowed in SSP rules.

I'm not sure you're reading that correctly.

I believe it means you may not machine the slide to install a different type sight.

My Glock has a dovetail machined in the slide from the factory for the rear sight replacement.

If I were to put a Novak front and rear sight set on it, that would require a new dovetail to be cut to the correct Novak angle.That is prohibited.

I see no reason your CZ P01 would not be allowed in SSP.

eerw is correct about the SDP is not legal for SSP. If your purpose is to test yourself with you carry gun at local matches, I would ignore the rule and have fun. I say this because the modifications offer no real competitive advantage and your purpose for competing is true to the nature of the sport. The rule is dumb.

You could probably get away at major matches with it since very few people know the difference. Plus since you are not gaming ignore the rule and have fun.

For those who would be purest about the rules I would not make this same recommendation for CZC's Shadow Tactical. It also has a modified slide to accept a different sight. Shadow Tactical is competition gun and one would not have reasonable exception that one would use it for EDC. The P-01 SDP is a high end pistol designed for EDC and its use is more true to the founding fundamentals to IDPA then most of the SSP legal guns that are used.

I myself employ the CZC Shadow Custom, but I am a gamer :devil:

I stand corrected.

I obviously don't understand the definition of "machined' as it relates to this rule.

Or the significance of this rule if the pistol came from the factory in this configuration.

Edited by Willz

IDPA does not consider CZ Custom to be "the factory". They consider CZ UB and CZ USA (a wholly owned subsidiary of CZ UB) to be the factory.

That's the real reason why sight cuts milled by CZ Custom disqualify their pistols from IDPA SSP.