Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Light load

sniper3

Hey all. I have a Caspian 38 super hybrid with a SVI lower with a 3 hole comp and 8 lb slide spring , and a 9mm Witness with the same set up comp and spring. I'm giving them to my girlfriend to use when we go target shooting. She has shot both before and hates the recoil . I have plenty of Titegroup powder and 115 and 147 grain rn Extreme bullets. I need some starting load info that will really lessen felt recoil. don't care about power factor, etc , even accuracy. Just looking for a real powder puff load so the gun functions until I can get her used to the guns.....thanks, any info appreciated

My TruBor 9mm major will shoot factory powered (but longer) loads

with my 10 lb springs, if the gun is very clean and well lubed.

If the gun is dirty, or not well lubed, it will work but balks once in

a while.

You'll still have to watch out for limp wristing - that will hurt.

Feels like a powder puff load with the weight of the TruBor and the

comp. :cheers:

Hey all. I have a Caspian 38 super hybrid with a SVI lower with a 3 hole comp and 8 lb slide spring , and a 9mm Witness with the same set up comp and spring. I'm giving them to my girlfriend to use when we go target shooting. She has shot both before and hates the recoil . I have plenty of Titegroup powder and 115 and 147 grain rn Extreme bullets. I need some starting load info that will really lessen felt recoil. don't care about power factor, etc , even accuracy. Just looking for a real powder puff load so the gun functions until I can get her used to the guns.....thanks, any info appreciated

Do you have access to a gun w/o hybrid holes? The blast may be more distracting for her than the recoil...

Ok, heres what I did. loaded 20 rounds of 9mm at 2.8, 3.0, and 3.2 - and 20 rounds each of 38 sup at 3.3, 3.5, 3.7 and 3.9 with titegroup and 147 gr rn extreme. All went bang with no stovepipes or jambs with of course the lesser loads giving the least amount of recoil. Gonna load 20 9's at 2.4 and 2.6 and 20 38 sup's at 2.9 and 3.1 and see how that goes