Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3 gun holster for CZ Custom Shadow (non-SP01)?

1eyedfatman

Anybody know of a good CZ Custom Shadow (non-SP01) holster with good retention (level 2?) for 3 gun? I've been using the Safariland holster below for IDPA and USPSA. It is really designed for the SP-01, but does the job ok for IDPA/USPSA. Walking around between stages holster I feel very comfortable. But I hesitate to use it for 3 gun because there is a little gap where the SP01 rails would be and if running aggressively holster, concern is real that the pistol may fly out particularly with the heavier weight of this gun (vs like a Glock). I'd like to start running my CZ in 2015 in 3 gun but need a better retention holster. I do have a Safariland setup, but will be open to other options.

This is what I'm currently using for IDPA/USPSA.

Safariland 5198 CZ75 SP-01 4.72 Barrel Belt Paddle Holster Right Hand Kydex Plain Black 5198-490-411

I've ran 75 series guns in sp01 holsters with more security by making a filler of tape in the holster to snug it up against the 75's frame where it doesn't have a rail. I've used lots of different things from wood glued in the holster to what I prefer, just layers of blue painters tape.

Anybody know of a good CZ Custom Shadow (non-SP01) holster with good retention (level 2?) for 3 gun?

Hmmm…the ole trigger finger release button… Any other options?

Thanks

Isn't level 2 defined by the button?

Yes sir, that is level 2 to me and that fills the criteria. I just prefer to leave my trigger finger out of the equation until I'm ready to use it unless I've been training that way with my other holsters, which I haven't.