Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Black's coated no lube groove

clawson2011

does anyone know if Black's is coming out with a 180 no lube groove coated bullet? I know everyone else that has them and am trying them just like the quality of blacks that i am trying but would like no lube groove. thanks in advance

I asked them this question (although I use 200 grain) a while back and they said it was unlikely until they needed new dies, etc. However, I did use their 200 grain and they worked very well. I also tried Blue Bullets and it is a no lube groove bullet and it worked well. I am now casting my own 200 grain no lube bullets with a mold from Hardline Industries and powder coating my own.

Clawson

Our next generation of 40-180 will be a no lube groove design. Our current molds still have life left so until they are no longer making good bullets we don't see the need to purchase new. The no lube groove design offers some efficiencies for the coating process but as far as accuracy or loading we have not seen an advantage.

www.twoalphabullets.com offers coated 40 and 9 bullets in various weights without the wax grove. Recommend you call them since the their web site doesn't spell that out in any great detail. They use the same coating product as Bayou Bullets. They will also size bullets to your specifications. I happened to like .357 diameter bullets in one of my 9mm autos.