Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3 Gun Heavy Metal Gear

Airedale

If you will be real man at the April match at ORPC I will be one too. I just got one question on the side by side by side shotgun dose it have to have internal or external hammers?

Wayne ... you know better than that. While I can safely say what a real He-Man would do, I can't actually DO it because, well, I'm not a He-Man. I'm more of a Girly-Man. You can tell by the way I scream during scary movies. You'd swear you were sitting next to a 9-year old girl.

The manliest thing I'm likely to do is shoot an AR with a dot instead of the Leupold. :lol:

Hoppy,

I would like to shoot the 625 in HM. If the rules allow it, I will. I believe a Kydex holster instead of the Garcia and I'm ready. Shoot me an email on Revo HM gear ideas.

I plan to be at Dickson in April. Jack didn't make the shoot yesterday and it forced us to badmouth him and question his manhood.

The Airedales full of p#ss and vinegar. They were burning the pasture up on this mornings run.

We had three .308 shooters yesterday. I'll post a pic of Aikidale with this M1A Scout and one of me with my M1A loaded. I ran a scope (no HM class). I don't have an action shot of Dale as the camera couldn't keep up.

The bayonet close targets were fun. They were hammered by Dale, severely damaged by me and destroyed by Chris. He runs a Polytech with neutered (no slots) flah suppressor. All the gas is forced forward and shreds the targets. The upper "A" one one target flew ~10'. They want us to shoot last now.

The model 12 ran very well. The loose nut behind the stock has issues though. Chris ran his Nova thru the course in ~48 seconds-better than most with the autos I watched.

Dave

Dale1.jpg

Dave2.jpg

Fomeister is RO for Aikidale and my RO (JT) desperately trying to keep up with my burst of speed!

Dave,

I have come to the conclusion that shooting .308 is like shooting revolver.....

You don't see many that shoot them..... but when you see someone that can REALLY shoot one it is AWESOME !!!! :D

Plus the matell toy guys don't know what fun they are missing :)

Looking forward to seeing you, fomiester, and jawor in April...... Why not next weekend at the Classifier match they are having ? I think Fomiester mentioned something about trying to make it any way.....

Fomiester, Is he as good a sandbagger with the .308 as he is with the wheelgun?

What you bringing to shoot at the classifier match anyway????

Hop

Hoppy,

Driving home yesterday, I thought about starting a thread "Why HM"? I believe the answers would mirror the "why revolver" thread.

I don't plan on next weekend in Manchester. That's about a 4 hour haul for me!

Fomeister is a wolf in sheeps clothing. He's quiet and polite and then will tear you up on the course!

He's got a pretty trick AR but he was eyeing the .308's pretty hard. I think he has "caliber envy".

Dave

Dave,

someone told me you got a 5 sec head start on that run sunday and was half way when he started catching you!

No, just fooling.

What happened to jack's kitchen pass? of course i have always questioned his manhood. latewatch even mention jack was not going to the dpms three gun, which he swore on grampa mellish's grave he would attend.

Hope you guys had fun yesterday. everyone that turned out had a hand in making that match a success, and i'm glad you all came. i was happy to see so many shooters. i have seen a february match in the past only produce 6 shooters, but maybe the 4" of snow is what drove the lesser's away.

Continued turnout like yesterday will only lend to improving what we are already doing.

Steve

We do this every first Sunday Joseph, how long does it take you to get to Lexington?

Between five and six hours, usually closer to six!

The last time I shot with you guys (back in the late 1990s), my brother and I came down on Friday, visited my aunt in Paris on Saturday, then shot the match on Sunday.

That was back when Denny Chapman was still shooting 3-Gun! We had a good time, but it was way freakin' hot, no breeze, and we accidentally left all of our drinks/fluids/water in a bag sitting in the parking lot of our hotel ... right next to where the truck USED to be! I did okay on the first two stages I shot (rifle and pistol), then the heat got to me and I crashed!

For a single day drive-down-shoot-drive-home, Wayne's club near Owensboro is about my limit.

The other problem is that first Sundays (starting in spring) are occupied by the pistol match at South Central and NRA Action Pistol about an hour north of me. D'OH!

I'll be down again ... someday!

Looking forward to seeing you, fomiester, and jawor in April...... Why not next weekend at the Classifier match they are having ? I think Fomiester mentioned something about trying to make it any way.....

Fomiester, Is he as good a sandbagger with the .308 as he is with the wheelgun?

What you bringing to shoot at the classifier match anyway????

Hop

Hopalong,

I am trying to figure out the details on this weekend, and I hope to convince a couple of guys to ride down with me to NTPS. I need a few revolver classifiers to legitimize my "B by default" card since I have A in Limited. I am awaiting a holster that I ordered, some moonclips, and sighting in the new 610 that replaced my blown-up 646. It is my first N frame, though I have J,K,L frames(no match gear for them). If the stars are aligned, I will shoot revolver with a box-stock 610, otherwise, I may shoot Open with my Limited gun(no open gun), or Production with my Glock.

If we don't get there this weekend, we WILL be there in April for their rifle match(shooting for team Fisher-Price), and again for their sectional, and a third time for 3gun. We like that club, and try to shoot there 3-4 times per year.

Now on Airedale, yes he is a bagger of sorts. His stages are way better than his classification, but he is getting screwed because his best classifiers(the ones within his ability) are not counting because they are "too high" rule. I didn't see his run with the M1A, but if he is outrunning JT(active-duty drill sgt.) chasing him with the timer, then he is moving.

Aikidale got a few more style points because his M1A was born a little shorter than the military version.

Dave,

A real HE-Man would use a 625 S&W shooting Major Loads for his "Short gun"

No, no, no.....

If a real man is going to use a wheel gun, it better be a 1917 with a full strength 12-15# DA pull, paired up with a 1903 for a .30'06 bolt gun and an Ithaca Model 37.

You must only use W-W White Box .45 ACP & .30'06.

And no kydex- all canvas & leather.

Oh, and if you reeeeally want to do it right, use half-moon clips. Add extra points for refraining from profanity during reloads.

Now that's a "He-Man" setup.

Fomeister,

What is this shooting for Team Fisher Price thing? :blink:

After all this Heavy metal stuff you going to shoot one of them there Matell toys??? <_<

I am expecting you, Aierdale, Akidale and Jowar to have the 2nd generation "Best battle rifle ever invented" M1A the first generation is the venerable M1 Garand!! :wub:

I will pay Curtis to make sure all stages can be shot with a 20 round mag or even better get him to make the match 20 round mag only so everyone has the same set up no matter what gun. :)

He already is scoring Major and Minor what more can you ask for ????

See you Saturday..... (maybe)

Sam

Aikidale got a few more style points because his M1A was born a little shorter than the military version.

I may have to try this again. My time was in the top 16 but I got just enough points to be in a tie for zeroing the stage Were those style points added in? :lol:

Hop,

You Shooting North TN this Saturday the 12th? I might get the kitchen pass for the day. The wife wants to go to a horse sale :o This might cost me :wacko:

Anyway all this revo/heman talk is making me want to bring the wheelie to NTPS...must....shoot....bottom....feed....er.... :P

Hope to see ya Sat.

Hopalong,

As much as I would love to shoot the wheelgat with you tomorrow, Mrs. Fomeister is working and I will stay here with little Fomeister. I didn't get anyone else to agree to go, and my revolver stuff didn't get here anyway.

Now about Mattel toys and little boys, well maybe someday I'll grow up and get a .308. I like shooting them, just don't have one now. I also don't have a .45 ACP either, and that is almost unAmerican.

Have a great match and say hey to the TN boys!

Fomiester,

I'll tell you what.....

You just show up at the Rifle match and I will put the M1A Scout Squad in your hands, I will have both the Iron sights and the Red dot sighted in and you can choose your Poison. ;)

I do have a Full size M1A but it stays at the House, it is National Match and is my "Baby" Shoots good too !!! :wub::wub::wub: ( I shoot NRA Hi-Power with it)

Now you have 2 months to pratice up with Airedales full grown one, (controls that is) as you will find mine quite different (in a good way). B)

NO EXCUSES just go buy some Military Surplus Like Dave did and boom away. :)

SAM

Hopalong, no excuses here. I have $2K in that Mattel toy and I love it, my interest in Patton's best battle implement and it's offspring is purely on the side. I have done so well with it since I built it, that I wouldn't dare leave it at home. :wub:

On it's first outing, a stage at TN 3Gun at NTPS early last year, start standing at a phone booth I think, several up close targets, some behind a door, and then prone through two barrels at two pesky poppers about 175 yards, I finished 4th, yes just below Tony Holmes and Tom Carpenter only firing one extra shot after the roll. I never had a stage that good in my life, and since it has really been performing here at home in our monthly 3Gun matches too, I am standing by my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine... :ph34r:

Thanks for the generous offer. BTW, the controls are no big deal, I can even use those Garand clips when someone puts one of those in my hand. :)

Hoppy,

Don't sweat it-I will have Fomeister runnin' the big dawg next month at Wilmore! I know he wants to! :D

This months shoot had 47 shooters and there wasn't time to shoot multiple guns.

Heck, the next time you see him he might be a confirmed HM shooter!

Dave