Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

45 to 40cal

rfoil007

I think the Sig Max in 40 is a myth kinda like the para pro custom 16.40. I was interested in both and got tired of waiting and bought something else. As far as putting a 40 barrel in a 45 gun it may be possible but I would think that you would have a lot of slop at the breech and the case could easily slip out from under the extractor.

Easier to start with a 9 and open the breech face up until it feeds then put an extractor in that works . Some work with 40s some with 9/38 super comp extractors.

I did this 30 plus years ago to make a 10mm out of a 38 super gun and a month or so ago to make a 40 out of a 9mm SA.

Or do it the easy way and go and buy a SIG match elite for 800.00 and change and an ICE magwell and you're good to go with a forty that runs and has a warranty from the same company you want to buy from now.

Just a thought

You can but you'll be fighting to get it to work reliably.

Proper solution is to replace barrel and slide. Also have frame cut for ramped barrel.

But you'll find yourself into the gun for about $500.00 or more, not including the cost of the gun.

With this logic, a Trojan seems like a bargain. And you'll have someone to blame if it doesn't work (and someone to send it back to to get it to work) where if you add the barrel, slide and all other requirements it'll be you who will be doing the customer service work.

I know cause I did it. Would I do it again, maybe. I had the barrel and bushing so that saved me about $220.00, plus I had an old Kimber laying around doing nothing. But it'd be so much easier to just buy a Trojan and be done with it.

• 3 weeks later...

On further reflection, would I do it agaim? Yes. I would cause I like shooting guns I built. They ain't pretty but they shoot as well as custom guns costing lots more than I spent.

I'm weird that way, if you're the DIY type, build on and shoot it. Forme ii makes my mediocrity bearable.