Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SNS 125 and WST

b1gcountry

I have some 125 rn coated no lube groove SNS that i was going to load up with some WST. I plan on starting conservative around 4.0.

What oal do you guys recommend? This is going to go through a g34.

It is pretty cold here, so I am kicking the starting load down a little extra.

My favorite load for my STI recently has been 125 Blue Bullet over 4.0 gr of WST at 1.065. I found a huge accuracy gain going from 1.04 to 1.065 without much of a change in velocity. I would start at 4.0 gr and several OAL's and see which one your gun likes. Need a little more velocity to make minor, bump up the change by .1 gr till you get there. Your going to need a chronograph to play the USPSA game.

Thanks. I loaded some up at around 1.120, and 4.1 gr. Will work around that a little and see what shakes out. It sounds like everyone loads a lot shorter too, so maybe i will bracket some loads to 1.100 and 1.080. It sounds like those would be pretty safe starting loads.

I just crono'd my first dozen rounds, and got about a 1042 average for 130pf. This is pretty much right on for what i was Shooting for. The load did seem to shoot a couple inches high at 20yds.

The sd was very low except for one round that came out at 999fps, which messed up the es.

I am loading with this bullet for a KKM barreled G34:

Mixed brass

Federal SP

1.145 OAL

3.8 gr

This load runs 128 PF at 98F ambient temp and closer to 138 PF at vicinity freezing ambient temp. Pronounced different in felt recoil.

I loaded up 50 rounds each at 1.160, 1.140, 1.120, 1.100.

I shot each for groups at 15 yards. All groups were 2-3"high. The 1.160 grouped tightest, but the 1.100 was second best. Most likely the real difference was me.

Each load crono'd in the same range. Each was around 130 at 42F.

I had two malfunctions with the 1.160 load. One bullet was shaved by the case, and jammed in the chamber. This was my fault from not enough flare. The other was a primer that didn't light off no matter how many times I hit it.

I had the same primer issue with one of the 1.120 rounds. I have had a lot of these lately, and don't know what the deal is. They are magtech primers.

All told, I didn't really see any noticeable difference in the for OALs I tested.

I have some 125 rn coated no lube groove SNS that i was going to load up with some WST. I plan on starting conservative around 4.0.

What oal do you guys recommend? This is going to go through a g34.

It is pretty cold here, so I am kicking the starting load down a little extra.

I load 4.2 grains of WST under S&S casting coated 125 grain bullets. My OAL in 1.35.Great 9mm load.

• 3 weeks later...

4.1gr makes a really nice load with those bullets. I chrono'd some yesterday. 1.120" OAL gave me about 1050fps out of my CZ Shadow. The S.D. was 9, and the accuracy and recoil was more than acceptable. It was around 40 degrees yesterday afternoon, so hopefully the WST doesn't change too much when it warms up.