Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

.38 Super Comp with Dillon 650

bayougump

I have a Dillon 650 and load 9mm and have 2 quick changes for .40 and .38 Super along with the conversion kit for .40 and wanted to know what all I would need to do if I wanted to start loading .38 super comp instead of just .38 super. Would all I need to buy is the conversion kit? Essentially I am thinking of changing to SC as super brass seems harder to find and my Tanfo Open gun will run both super and super comp. I was assuming the conversion kit would be all that is needed or could I just get a few certain parts needed for super comp and use some of the 9mm kit parts as well? Thanks in advance.

Gump

I load SC with the same dies as 38 Super, the 9mm shell plate is a hair loose on the case and I've heard the 223 plate works better so I might give it a try if I start shooting a lot more SC.

+1

The .223 shell plate is what you need w/the same locator buttons as the Super or the .40

Alan~^~

If you are using Super and S/Comp brass be aware that the Super brass will not fit in the S/Comp shell plate and might give you holdups. I never changed the locator but I do sort my brass. Half a bucket of Super sitting there at the moment and the boys will swap it for the SC they find.