Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Money Orders

Raydee38

In todays day and age of online payments I hate dealing with people that will only take a money order. Even worse is waiting 5 days for them to receive the money and then sit on it for another 5 days before they ship the item :angry2:

You only hate them until someone sends you a personal check that bounces AFTER you've already shipped them the item. Something to be valued about certified funds, especially when dealing with larger transactions. I prefer a certified check from a bank before a USPS money order. I'd take a personal check for something under $50, but anything over that is my threshold of financial pain if the buyer's money turns to vapor. Everyone's threshold of budget pain is different...

I agree on the money orders.. I had to go to different post offices 3 times to find one with cash for a $100 payment from a guy that I told to send a check a few months ago...

It really made me wonder how a guy was able to cash like $700 in money orders when he made me pay that way a few years ago.

Paypal, Chase Quickpay, then bank checks in my book.