Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dillon RF100 Auto Primer Filler

I dont ever knock Dillon(since they are the greatest reloading company ever and Mike Dillon trully knows what customer service is all about) but there is a much cheaper, easier and better way. It isnt often that someone has a better idea than dillon but it happened here. Buy the Frankford arsenol primer tube filler from midway.

http://www.midwayusa.com/rewriteaproduct/656090

It is 1/10th the price and faster than the dillon. I know multiple people that have bought it and sold their dillon. I have used mine on over 30K rounds so far and it is the best thing ever. That and they are like $30!!! versus $200

If you do buy it then just use the dillon tubes by taking off the yellow cap and shoving it into the hole. Once you get the hang of it you will cuss yourself out that you didnt buy it earlier.

The FA is hand held, isn't it?

I've always figured that it was speed that people were after. The RF allows you to load as you refill the tube for the next 100 primers. There's no down time away from the press other than to get the filled tube and replace it with an empty. The FA you can't use and reload at the same time, unless you can find a way to mount it and get it to run while not in hand.

The FA will load 100 primers faster than by hand, and may be faster than the RF, but it seems to me that the RF has the advantage in speed of actual round production. There's no comparison, price wise, though.

I don't have either the Dillon RF or the FA, but then, I don't mind filling the tubes by hand ( I use shred's neat little two tray primer flip technique) B) .

When you get one, and I suggest you do, pick up a rheostat(sp). I had mucho problemas with mine till I did but once I slowed it down a little bit it works 100%. And, I can't outrun it with my 1050 so you can really knock out the 'mo.

The FA is hand held, isn't it?

I've always figured that it was speed that people were after. The RF allows you to load as you refill the tube for the next 100 primers. There's no down time away from the press other than to get the filled tube and replace it with an empty. The FA you can't use and reload at the same time, unless you can find a way to mount it and get it to run while not in hand.

The FA will load 100 primers faster than by hand, and may be faster than the RF, but it seems to me that the RF has the advantage in speed of actual round production. There's no comparison, price wise, though.

I don't have either the Dillon RF or the FA, but then, I don't mind filling the tubes by hand ( I use shred's neat little two tray primer flip technique) B) .

It is handheld but I can do about 1000 primers in like 3 minutes. With extra tubes it is ridiculously simple. I would have paid $200 for it. Best money I ever spent, with the exception of the 650 itself.

You also have to shake the FA until all the primers are face-up... it's a good deal, but not full-auto either.

A tuned RF-100 is truly fire-and-forget. Dump a box of primers into it any which way up, push the go button and start cranking rounds on your press. 40 rounds later you have a new tube full of primers ready to go. Parallel processing at it's best.

I don't even know where my extra primer tubes are anymore...

But, it can be tricky to get going right. I wouldn't suggest it for anybody that's not willing to dink with it a bit.

I give it a "must-have" for 1050's, and a "nice to have" for 650s and below.