Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 Holster

Looking for a left handed 2011 holster that will fit an STI Eagle in 9mm. Looking to have good retention for 3Gun and be capable of taking a Teclok with TMMS set up. Please let me know what has worked for you and what hasn't, will you please also send me links to your recomendations.

Thank you,

George

I recently purchased a Safariland ALS for a Springfield Operator (sorry, I don't recall the model number offhand, and I'm not at home to check) and used a heat gun to expand it to fit the 2011 grip. I also had to take a dremel to the side to allow clearance for the mag release. I've been very happy with it so far. It provides a very positive lock-up so you don't have to worry about it popping out while transitioning from one spot to another.

I've got friends that are using the Blade Tech WRS and they seem happy with them. I think when you order one, you'll have to tell them it's for 3-gun so they'll manufacture it to secure the gun with the hammer up or down. A stock one won't allow the hood to close with the hammer down (or is it up....I can't remember now.)

well you can get a blade tech DOH and crank it down when needed, and it's a great holster for uspsa limited. but i wanted more retention and got the blade tech wrs. i'm pretty happy with it but it is a little bulky but has superb retention. it worked perfectly with my Edge (with hammer up or down) but with my Eagle i had to open up the bottom of the holster to let the barrel peek thru; otherwise the hood wouldn't close when the hammer was down.

not sure if g-code makes a holster that fits, but i like the way the hood is removed better (pressing a button vs a flap).

For the guys with the G Code holsters can you let me know what type of attachments you have for your belt set up. Looking to use this for 3Gun and running and STI Eagle 5.0 left hand. Can you attach pics of your holster and the attachments for me please.

Thank you,

George

You want a variant of this holster:

http://www.tacticalholsters.com/product/XST/XST-RTI.html

With this belt mount:

http://www.tacticalholsters.com/product/Accessories/GCA30.html

This setup will permit you to remove your holster from your belt for stages with no pistol. Added benefit is that, since it's still holstered, you shouldn't have to go to a safety area to remove your pistol (if the range requires it). Just pull the holster off with gun in it, throw it in your bag, and go shoot the stage sans pistol.

Also note that if you have an extra wide safety that the top of the G-Code may need to be modified a bit. Not sure if they offer this as I tweaked it myself with some hand tools and a heat gun. Would have been easier to cut open the safety area, but then they wouldn't be covered, which I wanted them to be.