Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

If you haven't tried the Taccom Double Dueces, you are missing out

I got a couple Double Dueces from Tim at Taccom a few weeks ago but just recently got them mounted to a tek-lok and thus to my belt. I have got to say these are by far the best load 2/4 holders that I have tried and I've tried a bunch of holders. The difference with the double duece is the way the tabs are angled upwards. What this does is allow you to pull the shells up, sort of like doing a bicep curl, as opposed to pulling the shells out and away from your body. The upward pull makes it much easier since the body is stronger in that pulling motion. It makes the pull faster from the holder faster and seem like the shells come out easier since you are stronger mechanically, but the shells are still very secure. The different heights of the groups of shells also makes the grab faster than anything I have tried. Before I had to concentrate a bit to get my fingers under the shells and be careful not to hit other shells, but with the double dueces, both of those issues are gone. Tim knocked it out of the park with these!!!!

post-6795-0-66932000-1415355084_thumb.jp

They are fast.....when Tim first sent them to me, I had 3.5 sec in about 20 minutes of practice.

There is a 12min + video on using them, running them on a chest rig, and overall practice for quad loading I put together...it has some explanation there about the angled pull.

The Double Deulin Deuces are what I run on my belt now......because.....

I pushed Tim a little for something oriented more towards a chest rig....essentially 1/2 of the Double Deulin Deuces....the new Single Deulin Deuces. They showed up Friday, I built a brand new chest rig from unpackaging to finished product.

http://youtu.be/mCr0VRByk0Y

After the kids finally went to bed Friday, I got a little bit of time to practice with them before taking them to the range last weekend...which put me around this ballpark. I think with a little practice this winter, being well under 3 sec standing and around 3 sec moving should be doable and consistent.

The angled pull is the cat's meow. Sorry to have spent more of your money....but not THAT sorry! ;-)

• 1 month later...