Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

IDPA stage approval

Bob Hostetter

Glad to know that you're still here and a "Gold Card Member" of my fan club that follows every word I write! I appreciate your support. :blush:

As for your comments, they are the same old, worn out, tired, "sip the IDPA Koolaid and love & embrace it" stuff that you have become locally famous for.

Take another sip. And then tell me why, if IDPA is doing such a great job, that clubs are cancelling their IDPA affiliation. That does not seem to equate into a growing, happy, and financially healthy competitive shooting organization.

Really. Absolutely.

Edited to note that no letters, words, or dangling participles were injured in the preparation of this post, so no further edits are needed! :roflol:

Really. Absolutely.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad to know that you're still here and a "Gold Card Member" of my fan club that follows every word I write! I appreciate your support. :blush:

You are aware that this thread does not revolve around you? And other people comment in a continuing discussion? Just checking.

As for your comments, they are the same old, worn out, tired, "sip the IDPA Koolaid and love & embrace it" stuff that you have become locally famous for.

Take another sip. And then tell me why, if IDPA is doing such a great job, that clubs are cancelling their IDPA affiliation. That does not seem to equate into a growing, happy, and financially healthy competitive shooting organization.

This part, by the way, is hilarious, considering I've never said IDPA is doing a great job, I most certainly don't drink IDPA koolaid (because I think that IDPA has gotten a huge number of things wrong, and obviously doesn't care much about fixing it) and I'm pretty sure you have me confused with someone else like BillR who defends IDPA no matter how much stupid it does.

That's okay, though. Your opinion is irrelevant to the topic at hand, and while you use it to ignore the actual topic, it doesn't actually change the topic.

Really. Absolutely.

Edited to note that no letters, words, or dangling participles were injured in the preparation of this post, so no further edits are needed! :roflol:

Really. Absolutely.

It interests me how you have to misrepresent everything, including attempting to claim that two separate edits, each of which added a completely new paragraph, is the same as editing for spelling. (The only reason I noticed was I replied to your first post, and while I did that, you edited it to add another paragraph, and while I tried to respond, you edited it again to add another paragraph. But to you, that is only editing spelling. Ok.)

Back to the main point, which is about legal stages, and legal matches:

You advocate using peer pressure to make people be silent when rules are broken.

You advocate allowing MDs and match staff (during sanctioned matches) to create and run illegal stages.

You say that if MDs are called on the rules, they will unilaterally quit and IDPA will be ruined, so they shouldn't be asked to actually create stages and run matches according to the rules.

I think that's a GREAT way to build the sport. You should indeed keep going with that.

This forum requires excessive moderation due to continuous real and imagined slights against IDPA. As a result the Moderating Team has discussed deleting the IDPA Forum altogether. So:

Please post respectfully or don't post at all.

No antagonistic tones will be tolerated.

Members who can't post politely or who come here to bash IDPA or IDPA's Rules will receive a 7 day suspension from The Forums upon their first offense.

Please read the complete new Rules.

Thank you,

The Moderating Team

Please note the above and act accordingly.

Larry Drake

The Moderating Team