Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Nordic Components Comp

NateTSU

Yes I have one. It is much better then no comp, but it is certainly not in the same class with the top of the line comps. It biggest advantages is size, it is TINNY, it is the same diameter as the barrel. This is also a big advantage in state that still have AWBs because you can pin it and still take the gas block off the gun right over the comp.

If you want a more effective comp and weight and AWB are not issues for you, for about the same money you can get a Miculek comp which will work a lot better as a comp.

The price is what jumped out at me, it's relativly cheap. As long as it works well and I'm not just wasting money on something that will wind up sitting on my work bench. I still have an A2 flash hider so I don't think it would take much performance to beat what I have now. It will be on a 16 inch barrel for now but I do plan on upgrading to an 18 inch with a rifle length gas system.

I just removed the one I've had on for over 3 years. Replaced it with a Seekins.

It's effective on a 16" mid length. The ports on top are a bit of overkill as it seems to want to dip the muzzle a bit. Overall though, I did enjoy it. It's easy to clean and it doesn't mess with the balance of the rifle.