Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hunter hammer compared to Xtreme

Intercooler2

That contact also depends on your hammer spring. If its a little too long it will bind before you get to the beavertail.

Are you going for aesthetics or function? You can get a heart hammer from EAA for $71

http://eaacorp.com/gun_accessories/index.php/parts/tanfolio/witness/hammers/witness-heart-shape-hammer-102017.html

or (like was mentioned), get a take off heart hammer.

• 3 weeks later...

I sent it all off to APWCOGAN for hard chroming. Hopefully in another week or so I will get the finished frame back to complete the "Super Match".

Before I sent off the parts, I also ground the back of the Heart hammer some to hopefully prevent beavertail hits.

The frame is rust blued which needs to be removed before hard chroming, I think the people at APW know what they're doing. I read an article about home bluing which said 400 grit is the magic number were carbon steel will still take a surface treatment, any smoother and it becomes polished and no longer porous enough.

Edited by kneelingatlas

Intercooler they should be able to remove just about any prior finish on the metal and get it prepped for hard chrome. A friend had APW do a slide for him in hard chrome, he said it was for an EAA Witness Tanfoglio , and as he described the slide to them they determined that the flat parts on the sides , where the writing is, were Brushed finished, and the top and bottom radius were Matte finished. The slide came back virtually identical to an original look of a hard chrome Tanfoglio finish. Yours will look good.