Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limited gun

bradthegunmaniac

Precluding a major mechanical failure, first place I'd look would be the slide release cause it's the only thing that would NORMALLY lock the slide back. Did you recently field strip the gun? It's a stretch but mebbe it didn't go back together correctly. You won't know till you look.

When I pull the trigger and hold it in while racking the slide to check the reset the slide will stay back????

I've seen that with a Glock using light recoil springs. It will hang up just out of battery, mine would then proceed forward if I released the trigger. Never seen it on a 19/2011. Need more detail. Is it staying completely to the rear, or almost returning to battery? Either way I'd start with a fresh recoil spring then check to make sure the disconnector moves freely.

Easy to see if it's hanging on the disconnector . Look down through the ejection port to see if the bottom of the breech face is stopping when it gets to the disconnector as you let the slide move forward. My slide will override the disconnector with the trigger held back but your spring pressure my be more then mine or you my need to polish the disconnector some.