Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

very important match is comming!

Rosshooting

What was it that Matt Burkett likes to say? "Good shooting is BORING".

If you can look at a major the way you look at a club match the way you practice (no easy feat for most of us) then the expectations and tensions attendant to them aren't there.

shoot the targets, as BE says, let the shot dictate the time. If you have to prepare months in advance for a match, wow....kind of would get to be like prunes, is 3 enough, is 6 too many.

imho, you are either ready or you are not...as yoda said "Do or do not, there is no try".

Best I have shot in a big match was FL this past year. I went home on zero practice and picked up a new gun the day before the match. I finished 2nd to the guy who went on to like 8th in the nation.

All gloating aside, what do I think the secret was? How much I looked forward to getting home to shoot with friends. I couldn't wait to get to the match. I had a blast!!!

I shot slow, I shot boring, I called every shot.

Now as I get closer to big matches I focus more on accuracy and less on speed, and I think about how FUN it will be.

Going to a big match is like Christmas!!! Oh, I can't wait to see who I run into there. Gosh, I wonder what they have planned. This is gonna be great!!!

Try that.