Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SP-01 slide stuck

OnWisc

Hi all,

I have to say I love the CZ sp-01 stock model with all possible CGW kits in it. But recently I am experiencing a slide stuck issue pretty frequently-- most often when I take it out of the safe, or let it sit there for a couple hours. The slide stuck, trigger stuck, and hammer stuck. Just feel something stuck the whole moving parts. Usually after I try to slide the slide really hard then everything back to normal. Has anyone here experienced the same issue? Much thanks!

Eric

Very strange, what are you cleaning/lubing with?

I almost posted that, but I can't imagine how lube would also impact the trigger as described.

The only thing I can think of is some fit issue with the safety? If it was jammed wouldn't it lock up both the trigger and slide? Maybe some debris in the trigger/safety area?

De-humidifier in the safe? What type lubricant?

I once bought a gun online that someone had used WD-40 on, they had sprayed it all down, inside and out, and let it sit in the safe for 6 months. Gun was so gummed up, it would barely function, and even then not 100%. I had to take it all down and scrub it with acetone to get the varnish out of it. Since then, never a hiccup.

Clean the gun thoroughly, spray lightly with a THIN oil (Rem oil, CLR, etc.) and see if that helps.

Very strange, what are you cleaning/lubing with?

I almost posted that, but I can't imagine how lube would also impact the trigger as described.

The only thing I can think of is some fit issue with the safety? If it was jammed wouldn't it lock up both the trigger and slide? Maybe some debris in the trigger/safety area?

That's definitely one possible cause! Ever since I replaced internal parts with GCW kit, the safety mechanism changed. now for a uncocked hammer, I can still lock up the safety, pull the trigger, but the hammer will only 70% cocked and not hit the firepin- whereas for the original one, the safety doesnt lock for a uncocked hammer. Also I am thinking about the fire pin block safety. Could that be a cause?

De-humidifier in the safe? What type lubricant?

I once bought a gun online that someone had used WD-40 on, they had sprayed it all down, inside and out, and let it sit in the safe for 6 months. Gun was so gummed up, it would barely function, and even then not 100%. I had to take it all down and scrub it with acetone to get the varnish out of it. Since then, never a hiccup.

Clean the gun thoroughly, spray lightly with a THIN oil (Rem oil, CLR, etc.) and see if that helps.

Hi, I use the silicon can in the safe and reactivate it every week. Also, I keep the gun in the foam to absorb most moisture. I use the CLP for both the cleaning and lube. I don't think rust can be a cause, since I have only used it for 1 month.

" now for a uncocked hammer, I can still lock up the safety, pull the trigger " DON"T do this! It will damage your gun! Just because you can does not mean you should.

Did you by chance change the sear?

Hi, thank you for the info! yes I changed the sear to the one with adjustable screw in it, and I tight the screw with the red locktite.

Trigger bar spring could be out of place, if the spring gets jammed in between the frame and the trigger bar it will jam everything up.

Thank you for the info! But I dont think the spring can get out of place, self-healed, and out of place again? It happens like every a while and get back to normal

I would focus on examining the hammer mechanism. If the hammer gets stuck it would cause the slide and trigger to not move.

Thanks! This means a lot! The hammer does feel stiff especially at the first stage, I can easily cock the hammer by half pull the trigger. So which part of the hammer do you think could be wrong? Much thanks!

I would focus on examining the hammer mechanism. If the hammer gets stuck it would cause the slide and trigger to not move.

Thanks! This means a lot! The hammer does feel stiff especially at the first stage, I can easily cock the hammer by half pull the trigger. So which part of the hammer do you think could be wrong? Much thanks!

Remove the hammer spring and see if the hammer moves freely when the trigger is pulled in. If the hammer swings freely then check if the trigger bar is binding like Thompsoncustom said.

Remove the hammer spring and see if the hammer moves freely when the trigger is pulled in. If the hammer swings freely then check if the trigger bar is binding like Thompsoncustom said.

Gotcha! Thanks!

Thank you for the info! But I dont think the spring can get out of place, self-healed, and out of place again? It happens like every a while and get back to normal

Believe it or not it can I've been down that road before I think it's because when you force the slide back you also push the trigger bar down and that movement frees it up for a little bit.

How I check to see were my trigger spring is riding is drop the mag and look down the mag well under a light, start with the hammer down and than pull it back to SA and you'll be able to see where the spring is riding.