Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Aimpoint Mount?

Guest Larry Cazes

Guest Larry Cazes

Does anyone know of a mount for the Aimpoint CompC other than the SV carbon fiber? Looks like the CPMI single sided aluminum mount has been discontinued. I would prefer a simple single sided mount but I am open to any suggestions.

Guest Larry Cazes

Thanks for the help guys. I am in the porcess of looking at the SA, Grams, and the dual sided rescomp mounts. For anyone interested Weigand has discontinued their mount and it is on sale for $19.99. The only problem is that it is NOT swept back like the others and will likely be too far forward. At that price I ordered one to check out anyway. SSI nor Brownells no longer have any of the CPMI mounts available. SSI has the best price so far on the Aimpoint CompC XD (7MOA) scope. Does anyone know how to contact Ghost as a possible local source for the rescomp? Been calling since yesterday and have not gotten anyone on the phone. Thanks Again. :D

Just a heads up... you don't want the scope too far back. The Aimpoint has a wide body and if that widest part is over the ejection port when the slide is rearward then you may have problems with jected cases hitting the scope.

If you look at TGO's gun the ejection port will be clear of the scope during the ejection cycle...

I would go with that kind of mount rather than one that holds the scope more to the rear..

gunuspsaopencur.gif

Guest Larry Cazes
ust a heads up... you don't want the scope too far back. The Aimpoint has a wide body and if that widest part is over the ejection port when the slide is rearward then you may have problems with jected cases hitting the scope.

Good point. I have ordered the discontinued Weigand in hopes that its positioning may be workable with my existing Weigand hole pattern in my frame and it will position the scope quite a bit forward relative to the other mounts i've seen. I ran across a really nice looking blast shield for the aimpoint from rescomp that attaches to the front threads on the scope that I may need with this mount as well.

I've got both CPMI and Wegand Aimpoint mounts and far prefer the CPMI.. Yeah the scope is further back, but the scope is round where it needs to be and thus not a problem. I stick a swatch of aluminum tape on the bottom of the scope just in case and only have to replace it every year or two.