Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

single stack

SWprotected

I am thinking about shooting single stack next year, and I want to buy another 1911. I am considering the Springfield loaded target and the STI Trojan. Anyone have comments or experience with these, I have read a lot of good things about both, just looking for pros and con's.

I run a Dawson CRP Trojan .40 for SS and had some initial hiccups with nose diving but had it taken care of and the pistol runs flawlessly since. Very accurate.

Springfield is also a good option. Any good quality SS in .40 or .45 will work for you. I went .40 as I load for .40 and 9mm already but not .45.

I load for 40 and 45 but my other 1911 is a 45 so that's most likely what I will stay with. If I add the things to the springfield that I know I want like fo front sight, magwell, the cost difference between them is not that much. I know the Trojan has a ramped barrel but I dont know how much difference that makes.

Edited by SWprotected

I think either one will be an excellent gun. I bought a trojan in .45 last year and the only problem in 6000 rds or so was the adjustable rear sight broke. I now put a little o-ring under the sight so it doesn't bounce around under recoil (mine is adjusted pretty high to get the poi that i desire).

One reason I picked the trojan is that I didn't have to do anything to it except put a magwell on. The trigger was perfect out of the box. Of course if you are used to limited or open guns, you may want a trigger job to lighten it. I normally shoot production, so I didn't want to go too light. Stock it's just over 3lbs and crisp.

I have looked at the Sig Max, my current 1911 is a Sig Tac ops and it has run perfectly since I bought it probably 4k down the pipe. My next 1911 is going to be a 70 series. I still have the series 80 stuff in mine and my trigger is 2.5lbs but I just don't like having parts I don't need in the gun.