Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Southern Colorado 3 Gun - Nov 1st

Hey all! Starting a local "SoCo 3 Gun" match at the Pikes Peak Gun Club in Colorado Springs. Here is the Match Announcement:

"It's official! Our first match is going to be 10am at Pikes Peak Gun Club on November 1st!

We have partnered with PPGC, and are going to have 4 bay-style stages with lots of great steel and paper targets!

$25 match fee. 4 squad maximum with 12 person per squad max. No reservations necessary.

100/100/100 round count MAXIMUM. I'll get the stages out with official round count via email.

Email SoCo3Gun@gmail.com to get on the match list.

PPGC has some rules that we MUST follow. No speeding in the parking lot. Absolutely no tracer, steel core, bimetal, etc ammo. AK and SKS guys, your ammo will be checked. No Buckshot. Birdshot is the only shotgun ammo allowed except for specific slug targets.

https://www.facebook.com/SoCo3Gun "

Edited by OscarMike

Thanks Jesse!

TacCowboy, look forward to seeing you there!

JJ,

Not 100% worked out, but probably 1 A or 2 anywhere on paper, and 1 on all steel.

We will do time plus penalties. Something like 5 ftn, 10 fte and 10 procedural. I haven't solidified all the details yet, and when I send out the first set of stages, I'll include a quick shooters brief page explaining the rules and expectations.

Edited by OscarMike

Total time or 100 point stages?

Reason I ask is, it used to be time plus penalties actually meant 100 point stages, but lately seems that means all stages added up for a total time, ala idpa...

I get confused too! Everything is time plus penalties. Cumulative time or stage points.

Points is tougher to calculate, but in the end it normalizes the value of each stage. Short stage, long stage, technical or really fast... they are all worth the same value. In addition, if a competitor has a really bad malfunction or their gun breaks, they only tank that one stage. They get to start over on the next stage and have an opportunity to salvage the match. With total points, a person can experience an equipment problem and rather than take the time to fix it and try to salvage some stage points, they would feel more compelled to just stop right there so as to not accumulate more total time. In total time scoring, if you tank a stage, you will never be able to cut enough time off the other stages to salvage your match. In total time, you could blow the first stage in a 5 stage match and then pull down 4 stage wins. Won't matter, your match is still jacked. Points is harder to figure, but in the end it is a much better representation of a shooters skills.

Makes a lot of sense to me Mike. It was a cooperative effort, but you 3 all sold it to me :D I've had a match where I had a bad equipment failure, and I tried to push through it, and killed my time. I would've appreciated the time + score a lot on that one.

I'm getting excited! Targets are ordered, FRIDPA loaners are lined up... Stages are starting to look good, I think that we'll have a darned good time as long as the weather holds out!

Congrats on completing your first match. It went really well and I'm looking forward to lots more in the future. The stages were fun and challenging without being overly ambitious. Things ran smoothly and we got done and cleaned up by 2:30. Good job!

Congrats on completing your first match. It went really well and I'm looking forward to lots more in the future. The stages were fun and challenging without being overly ambitious. Things ran smoothly and we got done and cleaned up by 2:30. Good job!

^^what he said. Hopefully not your first and last match. look forward to more next year